Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Design, engineering, manufacture, supply, storage, civil work, erection of suitable structure, testing & commissioning of Solar PV plant of capacity of 3.0 MWp on elevated structures in open/parking spaces including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of the project in RESCO model for a period of 25 years at station/site of Chennai Metro Rail Limited (Phase 1 and Phase 1 extension).
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/Solar Plants on elevated structures in open and parking spaces/Phase 1 and Phase 1 Extension Stations and Depot/01/2023
- Name of Work: Design, engineering, manufacture, supply, storage, civil work, erection of suitable structure, testing & commissioning of Solar PV plant of capacity of 3.0 MWp on elevated structures in open/parking spaces including Operation and Comprehensive Maintenance (O&M) of the project in RESCO model for a period of 25 years at station/site of Chennai Metro Rail Limited (Phase 1 and Phase 1 extension).
- Approximate Value of Work: INR 20 Crores
- EMD: INR 20 Lakhs
- Duration of Contract: 18 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 26th Sep, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 06th Nov, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 06th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 31st Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 06th Nov, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 07th Nov, 2023
The bidding process is for the Solar PV system to be installed on the RESCO model.
Bids are invited from the prospective bidders for the Tendered Capacity (3.0 MWp) as indicated in drawing (Attached in Volume-VII). Bidders will be required to furnish levelized tariff for 25 years starting from the date of commissioning of the Project.
The tariff quoted by the bidder shall be fixed for 25 years. The successful bidder will be selected based on the highest savings realised as compared to TANGEDCO tariff, subject to Clause 6.3 and 6.4 of RFS.
Selected Sites of CMRL:
Ground Mounted (kWp)
|Anna Nagar East
|Total Capacity (MWp)
Above capacities are only indicative. Bidders have to maximise the capacities on available site space by selecting efficient modules & methods. The preliminary survey details are attached as Section –VII, however the bidder shall ensure by carrying out the thorough site visits, survey and shadow analysis / simulations studies with the help of proven software for arriving possible installation capacities on indicated sites. CMRL shall have no responsibility for the correctness of the above data/tentative capacities attached as Section – VII.
After the letter of Allocation, the Bidder has to carry out the detailed survey of the sites and submit the calculation, and complete a detailed engineering document for the approval of CMRL. The list of indicative documents is mentioned below.
The Documents required to be submitted are as follows:
- Detailed survey, engineering report for Capacity Possible site wise including detailed shadow analysis, PV system Report (site wise), Generation details, calculations etc.
- Layout Sketch including wiring arrangement site wise.
- Tentative installation time schedules with activities break up including statutory approvals.
- Technical data sheets/Details of the equipment planned i.e. PV modules (panels), inverters, Data loggers, earthing systems, cables, AC panels and balance of the plant system.
- Method statements for various major activities, simulations data etc. and any other details desired by CMRL/Engineer or its representative.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for the contractor in respect of structural steel work shall cover, but shall not be limited to the following:
Preparation of complete detailed fabrication drawings and erection marking drawing based on the design drawings, required for all the permanent and temporary structures.
Submittal of revised design, with calculations and detailed fabrication drawings, in case any substitution of the designed sections is required.
Loading, Transportation and unloading of all fabricated structural steel materials from site storage yard to erection site, handling, assembling, bolting, welding and satisfactory installation of all fabricated structural steel materials in proper location, according to approved erection drawings and/or as directed by the Engineer.
Setting out, aligning, plumbing, levelling, bolting, welding and securely fixing the fabricated steel structures in accordance with the erection scheme, or as directed by the Engineer.
Provision of requisite site painting to all fabricated steelwork, as per requirements of related specifications of the painting.
Providing protective treatment to the erected steel structures, as per Specification.
The Contractor shall observe all safety requirements for erection of structural steelwork as covered in IS:7205.
All major modifications of the fabricated steel structures, as directed by the Engineer, including but not limited to the following:
- Removal of bends, kinks, twists etc. for parts damaged during transport and handling.
- Cutting, chipping, filling, grinding etc. if required or preparation and finishing of site connections.
- Reaming of holes for use of higher size bolts if required.
- Re-fabrication of parts damaged beyond repair during transport and handling or re- fabrication of parts which are incorrectly fabricated.
- Fabrication of parts omitted during fabrications by error, or subsequently found necessary.
- Drilling of holes which are either not drilled at all or are drilled in incorrect locations during fabrication.
- Carry out tests in accordance with the related Specification.
- The Bidder should be either a body incorporated in India under the Companies Act, 1956 or 2013 including any amendment thereto and engaged in the business of Solar Power.
- A Bidder shall be from India only, either a single entity or any combination of entities. In the case of a JVA/Consortium: all partners shall be jointly and severally liable for the execution of the Contract in accordance with the Contract terms; and the JVA/Consortium shall nominate a Representative who shall have the authority to conduct all business for and on behalf of any and all the partners of the JVA/Consortium during the tendering process and, in the event the JVA is awarded the Contract, during Contract execution and its entire O&M period.
Technical Eligibility Criteria:
The Bidder should have installed & commissioned Solar PV Project on Elevated structures in Open / Parking Spaces of minimum 2.4 MWp (Total capacity can be cumulative of various stations/sites) in the last 10 (ten) years ending 31.03.2023. For cumulative calculation of installed capacity by the bidder, only plant size of 100kWp and above only will be considered.
In addition, the Bidder should have installed & commissioned a single plant of Solar PV Project on Elevated structures in Open / Parking Spaces of minimum 500kWp in the last 10 (ten) years ending 31.03.2023.
The list of projects commissioned indicating whether the project is grid connected, along with a copy of the Commissioning certificate, Work order /Contract / Agreement/ and latest Energy bill / Generation Report dated not lesser than Mar 2023 from the Client/Owner shall be submitted along with Performance Certificates duly certified by the Purchaser/Owner/Employer. The format is attached as in Format–10.
Financial Eligibility Criteria:
The Bidder should have an Annual Turnover and Net worth as indicated below:
The minimum average annual financial turnover of the bidder during the last five financial years, ending on 31st March of the previous financial year, should be at least Rs. 6,00,00,000/- (Rupees Six Crore) and should be having positive Net Worth at least three years out of last five financial years as certified by Chartered Accountant. The bidder shall have net working capital of Rs. 8 Cr, if not bidders shall submit Line of Credit Certificate/ Liquidity Certificate from banks.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC