Chennai Metro Rail Limited signed the Contract Agreement for Contract No. C3-CP02-UG-02 with M/s TATA Projects Limited. The Letter of Acceptance (LOA) issued to M/s TATA Projects Limited for Tender No. CMRL/CON/PHASE-II/CORR-3/CP02/UG02-RT01/2021 on 02/06/2023 for a value INR 1204.87 Cr (Including Provisional Sum & GST). The contract is part of JICA funding for Phase-II.
- The scope of work involves construction of four (04) underground stations at Otteri, Pattalam, Perambur Barracks Road and Kellys and works other than diaphragm wall of two underground stations at Ayanavaram & Puraisaiwakkam High Road Cum Crossover Box In Corridor-3 of CMRL Phase-II project.
- In the presence of Mr. M. A. Siddique I.A.S., Managing Director, CMRL, the contract was signed by Mr. T. Archunan, Director (Projects), CMRL and Mr. Raman Kapil – Executive Vice President of M/s TATA Projects Limited.
- Mr. T. Livingstone Eliazer, Chief General Manager (PP&D), Tmt. Rekha Prakash, Chief General Manager (PD), Mr. Reepu Daman Dube – Joint General Manager (UG), officials from GC, contractor was present during the contract agreement signing ceremony.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase-2 expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Crore (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026
Source: CMRL- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro