Chennai Metro Rail Limited signed the Contract Agreement for Contract No. CP28A-OCC with M/s URC Construction Private Limited on 20th July, 2023 for construction of Operation Control Centre at Madhavaram Depot.
- The Letter of Acceptance (LOA) issued to M/s URC Construction Pvt Limited for Tender No. CMRL/CON/PHASE-II/CORR-5/CP28A-OCC/2023 on 08/06/2023 for a value INR 65.80 Cr (Including Provisional Sum & GST).
- The scope of work involves Design and Construction of Operation Control Centre (OCC) at Madhavaram Depot including Civil, Architecture, MEP, VAC and all associated works.
- In the presence of Mr. T. Archunan, Director (Projects), the contract agreement was signed by Mr. T. Livingstone Eliazer, Chief General Manager (PP&D) of CMRL and Mr. P. Ramprasath – President Projects, M/s URC Construction Private Limited.
- Tmt. Rekha Prakash, Chief General Manager (PD) and officials from CMRL, GC were present during the occasion.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase-2 expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Crore (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: CMRL- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro