Share with your network
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Selection of consultant for preparation of feasibility study for introduction of Air conditioned coaches in Chennai suburban line (Chennai Beach – Tambaram – Chengalpattu).
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/PLNG/631/1/2022
- Name of Work: Selection of consultant for preparation of feasibility study for introduction of Air conditioned coaches in Chennai suburban line (Chennai Beach – Tambaram – Chengalpattu).
- EMD: INR 05 Lakh
- Period of Professional Service: 05 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 11th February, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04th March, 2023
- Pre- Bid Meeting: 17th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 11th February, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 04th March, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 06th March, 2023
- Chennai Suburban Railway is a commuter rail system in the city operated by Southern Railway. Existing Sub urban Rail consists of four different lines covering a total network length of 200 kms. Existing Sub urban Rail consists of four different lines covering a total network length of 200 kms.
- The average daily ridership is 10.3 lakhs. The sub urban rail network detail is as follows: South Line: Chennai Beach to Tambaram – Chengalpattu (60km) Southwest line – Chennai Central to Arakkonam (69 km) Northeast Line – Chennai Central to Gummidipoondi (47 km) MRTS Line Chennai Beach to Velachery (19 km).
About South Sub-Urban Line:
- The Southern Sub urban line starts from Chennai Beach to Chengalpattu via Tambaram and covers a total network length of 60 km. The predominant land use along the corridor is residential and commercial.
- The important settlements along the corridor area covering, Chennai Beach, Park, Egmore, Nungambakkam, Guindy, Tirusulam, Pallavaram, Tambaram, Vandalur, Guduvancheri & Chengalpattu.
- Among the four suburban lines, the southern line (i.e., Chennai Beach – Chengalpattu) carries about 5 lakh passengers, which is about 50% of the total suburban passenger daily ridership. It has the highest demand for first class passengers (i.e., 65%) also.
- In order to enhance the quality of suburban passengers, the Government of Tamil Nādu has decided to provide air-conditioned services in the existing sub urban trains in collaboration with Southern Railways, particularly in Chengalpattu Suburban line.
Scope of Work:
- Consultant shall collect and analyse current the Chennai Beach- Tambaram southern suburban railway line station wise Passenger Boarding and Alighting data from Southern Railway.
- To assess the daily and Peak hour demand on Chennai Beach- Tambaram southern suburban railway line based on Ticket sales data Consultant shall review the existing suburban operation plans on Chennai Beach- TambaramChengalpattu line.
- Design and development of survey instruments to understand user experience in issues pertaining to access, affordability, usage pattern of the Suburban etc.,
- Consultant shall carryout Commuter interview surveys with a minimum sample size of 10,000 (i.e., 2% of existing users).
- Consultant shall study in detail the Air-conditioned sub urban Train operations on Mumbai suburban line like Type of operations, Fare structure, Operational cost, Institutional setup, etc.,
- Understand the opinion on the service by conducting survey to study willingness to shift and price point elasticity i.e.,fare elasticity.
- Fare structure and fare affordability compared with other competitive modes of transport (i) Estimate the willingness to pay and extent of price differential acceptable to the current users.
- Review the data collected and undertake a detailed analysis of the user preference /experience, split into different categories, price points, gender, time of availing service etc., to understand the required focus area for the new administration.
- Consultant shall review and suggest Modus operandi for introduction of Air-Conditioned Coaches on Tambaram- Beach line such as operation of exclusive Air-conditioned rakes/ combination of Air Conditioned and Non-Air-Conditioned coaches.
- To assess the Operational constraints due to additional dwell time at each station during Peak hour to calculate the number of rakes and workout the Capital cost.
- Consultant shall workout the any additional requirements for Air-conditioned rakes operations such as additional traction load, augmentation of Transformer, Configuration of rake, Rolling Stock Procurement plan – phasing, Maintenance system and planning, Allocation and scale of the maintenance depots and workshops, etc.
- To work out the operational plan & cost for Air-conditioned rakes operations Consultant shall suggest optimum fare structure based on commuter willingness and to meet the operational cost Consultant shall work out the detailed financial estimate with analysis etc.
- Consultant shall suggest a suitable Institutional setup for operations in line with Mumbai Suburban Model (i.e., MRVCL).
- The potential of introduction of AC Coaches shall be appraised for economic and financial viability.
- The Consultant shall evaluate financial and economic viability of the project through Economic Internal rate of Return (EIRR) Financial Internal rate of Return (FIRR) as well as other financial parameters.
- Consultant shall carry out on the reduction in the number / capacity of existing peak hour EMU services consequent on the intro of AC EMU’s / AC Coaches.
- The services of the Consultant shall facilitate a study visit by the officials of GoTN/CMRL to visit the currently operational Air-condition service in Mumbai Sub urban system.
- The Sole Firm or the Lead Member in case the Applicant is a Consortium, shall have met the following requirements preceding the eligibility Criteria.
- Firms who have the following qualifications will only be considered for technical evaluation: The applicant firm must be a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act 1956/ 2013.
- Firm should have a minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Masstransit system planning related works.
- Firm should have successfully completed Three Mass Rapid Transit projects (i.e. related to DFR/DPR / improvement of train operation) anywhere in India/abroad.
- Firm should have an average annual turnover of Rs.20.0 crores for any three years during the last 4 years (i.e.,2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020,2020-2021).
- The Bidding Firm should submit a certificate from a Chartered Accountant along with audited financial summary /abstract statements for financial years.
- The bidding firm is required to submit work orders / completion certificates as supporting documents for each of the projects quoted for eligibility and evaluation.
- In the first stage, the Technical Proposal will be evaluated on the basis of methodology and Work Plan proposed by the Applicant, experience of Applicant, and experience of Key Experts fielded by the Applicant.
- The technical proposal submitted by the bidder is reviewed and the quality of each technical proposal will be evaluated on a scale of 0 to 100 points, according to the criteria given in clause 5.6 and in accordance with the requirements as indicated in the Terms of Reference.
- If there are minor omissions in relation to the TOR, points will be deducted. Omissions that restrict comparison with other bids and disrespect the proposed structure and content of the proposal may lead to the exclusion of the applicant.
- After evaluation of the Technical Proposal, only the Financial Proposals of eligible Consultants will be opened whose technical Proposal should have achieved a minimum of 70 Points.
- After correcting any arithmetical errors, the price quotations will be assessed using the total price. Optional offers of services will only be included in the assessment of price quotations if all bidders were requested to submit such offers in accordance with the terms of the invitation to tender.
- Any items missing in individual offers but necessary will be added. This will be done on the basis of the lowest price of the corresponding cost item of the other Consultants.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL
Be the first to comment