Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited sealed tenders from Reputed and Experienced General Consultants through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for the Selection of General Consultant (GC) for Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2 Project – Corridor 4 and part of Corridor-3 & 5.
- NIT No: CMRL-P2-GC-02-2021
- Name of work: Selection of General Consultant (GC) for Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2 Project – Corridor 4 and part of Corridor-3 & 5.
- Completion period of the work: 63 Months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 16/06/2021 at 15:00 hrs
- Last Date and Time of submission of Tender: 14/07/2021 Up to 18:00 hrs
- Date and Time of opening of Tender: 15/07/2021 at 10.00 hrs
The Government of India has approved the Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase 2 (hereinafter referred to as “the Project”) which is to meet growing traffic demand by constructing approximately 65 Kms with 70 Stations of Mass Rapid Transit System to mitigate worsening road traffic / traffic pollution and eventually lead to balanced regional development and improvement of metropolitan atmospheric environmental condition in Chennai Metropolitan Area.
The corridor wise detail is as following:
- Corridor 3 (Extension): Sholinganallur to SIPCOT excluding Sholinganallur station (10 Stations)
- Corridor 4: Light house to Poonamallee bypass (30 Stations)
- Corridor 5 (Extension): CMBT to Sholinganallur excluding CMBT & Sholinganallur stations (30 Stations)
The Construction Works is expected to be completed by June 2026.
The Phase II project is proposed to be financed through Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and the Multilateral Development Banks, namely Asian Development Bank (ADB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and New Development Bank (NDB).
Objectives of Consulting Services:
The consulting services shall be provided by a consulting firm (hereinafter referred to as “the Consultant”). The objective of the consulting services is to achieve the efficient and proper preparation and implementation of the Project through the following works:
- Document and Design Review:
- Review of Deliverables of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC)
- Review of preliminary design of System Contractors
- Review of detailed design of System Contractors
- Review of Survey reports
- Review of Primary and secondary data
- Basic Design for system packages.
- Preparation of Bid Documents and Tender Assistance
- Construction supervision:
- Construction supervision of Civil and System packages including construction safety, installation, testing and commissioning
- BIM planning, supervision and integration
- Acting as Engineer on behalf of the Employer.
- Project Management:
- Facilitation of Implementation of Environmental Management Plan (EMP), Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMoP), Gender Action Plan (GAP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP), Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP), Vulnerable Communities Plan (VCP) and Indigenous Peoples Development Plan (IPDP, if applicable)
- Knowledge Sharing
- Program Schedule
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Assistance:
- Assistance in Coordination with Stakeholders
- Assist in Coordination with Statutory Agencies
- Traffic Management Assistance
- Utility Relocation Assistance
- DLP management
- Coordination between different funding agencies
- O&M Assistance
- Interface between this GC (GC2) & GC1 (GC for JICA section)
Recently, CMRL has invited tender through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for the “Track works in Underground and Elevated sections between Light House Station and Poonamalle Bypass Station and Poonamalle Depot in Corridor-4 of Chennai Metro Rail Project – Phase-2”.
- Tender No: CMRL/CON/PHASE-II/C4TRK-01/2021
- Name of work: Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Track works of Standard gauge including all associated works in Underground and Elevated sections between Light House Station and Poonamalle Bypass Station and Poonamalle Depot in Corridor-4 of Chennai Metro Rail Project – Phase-2”.
- Duration of Contract: 1610 days
- Pre-bid Meeting: 06/07/2021 at 11:00 hours in the CMRL Conference Room/online through Microsoft teams meeting.
- Last Date and Time of submission/uploading of Bid: 19/08/2021 upto 15:00 Hrs
- Date and Time of opening of Bid (Technical Bid): 20/08/2021 at 15:00 Hrs
Website from which Tender Documents and any additional information can be downloaded http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL