Nagpur division of Central Railway has achieved highest ever loading on 05.11.2020. On this day 2641 wagons were loaded which is best ever loading on any single day.
Highest ever 42 coal rakes consisting of 2448 wagons were loaded which is all time loading record by the division. Previous best was 38 rakes achieved on 29.10.2020.
- Best ever performance of siding loading From Ghugus coal siding 16 rakes, Umrer siding 11 rakes and 6 from Wani siding were loaded which are best ever loading from these sidings.
- Inspite of pandemic and labor issues this feat was possible due to synergy in operations between Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) and Railways.
- WCL has enhanced its production and the transportation stood at more than one lakh ton level on this day.
- To prevent rejection of damaged wagons and loss of revenue, Railways is attending wagons before placement for loading.
- Other operational changes done by the division like engine-on-load loading, brake van reversal while loading, better staff management etc is paying results.
- During the month of October, Nagpur division loaded 3.28 million tonnes which was 35.8% above the loading achieved during the same month last year.
- Along with loading of 42 coal rakes, all 46 Mail/Express and 5 Parcel trains maintained 100% punctuality.
Central Railway’s Bhiwandi Road station has emerged as Mumbai Division’s most successful Business Development Unit. From its first dispatch of 86.85 tonnes of parcel in 3,879 packages by the first parcel train on 10.9.2020 to its recent dispatch till date, there has been 17 trips of parcel trains from Bhiwandi Road station to Shalimar, Guwahati, Patna and other places carrying a total of 2,676 tonnes of parcel in 1.74 lakh packages.
- The parcel train to Azara, Guwahati on 18.10.2020 has the highest loading with 343 tonnes of parcel in 24,941 packages.
- A total of 1.74 lakh packages weighing 2,676 tonnes have been dispatched till date from Bhiwandi Road station, which included furniture, refrigerators, electronic items, food items, food products, medicines, plastic items, bags, stationery, lubricant oil and cosmetics of popular brands like Godrej, onida, LG, Bajaj, Parle-G, Hindustan Lever, Del-Monte, Milton etc.
- As a part of the Business Development Unit (BDU) set up by Railways at Zonal and Divisional level, Central Railway has taken many initiatives to boost the freight and parcel loading by providing seamless and affordable connectivity to industry.
- The opening of Bhiwandi Road station for goods and parcels is one initiative taken by BDU to boost freight traffic in Railways.
- A New Parcel & Goods shed was opened at Bhiwandi Road railway station to handle the cargo parcel trains and goods trains.
- This initiative has met with a tremendous response.
- Bhiwandi Road railway station on Mumbai Division lies on the Vasai-Diva-Panvel route of CR.
- It is the connecting point of the North-South railway traffic and also connects the JNPT port with Railways.
- A halt station to more than 50 trains, Bhiwandi Road station has 5 platforms and all facilities like booking windows, waiting hall, PRS booking, station parking etc. for the benefit of passengers.
- Bhiwandi is an industrial town and a textile and warehousing hub. Many e-commerce companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, Snapdeal, and FedEx have branches in the town.
- Bhiwandi Road station has multiple advantages like proximity to Mumbai and Thane city, better connectivity by rail to North-South and JNPT port, suitable warehousing and e-commerce facilities and adequate parking space for trucks and tempos.
- This encouraging response will not only boost railway revenue but also help generate job opportunities for local people.
- Central Railway’s efforts in the development of Bhiwandi has changed the face of Bhiwandi from a halt station to an Important Commercial Centre.
Soure: Central Railway-Press Release
Be the first to comment