National Capital Region Transport Corporation Ltd. (NCRTC), a joint venture Company of Government of India and participating States has invited open e-bids (Electronic Bid) (Manual bid are not permitted) on Open Competitive Bidding (OCB)under Single Stage Two Packet System for the following works:
- Tender Reference Number: DM/GC/COR-OF/141
- Name of Work: Engagement of Consultant to provide Integrated Consultancy Services including preparation of proposal for “Design & Build basis of State-of-the-Art, Grade A Commercial building consisting of Multi-storied Office Towers integrated with Stabling Yard, Warehouse and a RRTS station at Jangpura Stabling Yard, Delhi” for Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- Completion period of work: 42 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 31-Aug-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 11-Oct-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date:14-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 04-Oct-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 11-Oct-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 12-Oct-2021
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
The Project was sanctioned by the Government of India in March 2019. On 8th March 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India laid the Foundation Stone of India’s first regional rail.
The details of current status of this corridor is provided below:-
- The construction of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor is progressing on schedule.
- Contracts for all the major packages have been awarded and the prototype RRTS trainset is expected to be delivered by Dec’2021.
- Project work for priority section of Duhai to Sahibabad of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is progressing on schedule with following developments:
- Construction of civil infrastructure including piles, pile caps, piers, viaduct and station work is on full swing.
- Construction of RSS at Muradnagar has started for feeding the priority section including Duhai Depotc.
- Land for Duhai Depot has already been acquired and depot infrastructure construction has started.
- Contract has been awarded for most of the system packages like Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, Track, Traction and OHE etc.
- Possession of Land allotted by Government of India for stabling yard in Delhi.
- Meanwhile, Alstom has begun manufacturing the regional commuter and transit trains for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut semi-high-speed rail corridor for RRTS Phase 1.
- In May 2020, the company was awarded the contract to design, build, and deliver 210 regional commuter and transit train cars along with comprehensive maintenance services for 15 years.
- As per the contract, Alstom will deliver 30 regional commuter trainsets of six cars each and 10 intracity mass transit trainsets of three cars each.
Source: NCRTC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC