Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has taken a significant step towards enhancing its energy management practices. The Corporation has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Certification/Recertification of DMRC stations/depot/office on the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 standard.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of Work: Certification/Recertification of DMRC stations/depot/office on the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 standard.
|Tender Reference Number
|Estimated Cost (in Rs.)
|EMD (in Rs.)
|Document Download/Sale Start Date
|10th January, 2024
|Bid Submission Start Date
|31st January, 2024
|Bid Submission End Date
|07th February, 2024
|Pre Bid Meeting Date
|19th January, 2024
|Bid Opening Date
|08th February, 2024
It is intended to certify/re-certificate the Energy Management System as per the requirements of the Integrated ISO 50001:2018 (EnMS) on the 266 nos. stations/depot/office of DMRC.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) invites e-tender in prescribed Performa through open tender basis,as per description of work, for the total 266 nos. Stations/depot/office. The name, type (Underground or Elevated) and other details of all the Stations/depot/office, which are to be certified with ISO 50001:2018 are divided into 03 Annexure i.e. Annexure-A, B & C and attached in this document.
ISO 50001 certification to be done on the latest version of standard (if any, due to revision in 50001:2018 standard). No additional charges whatsoever shall be paid by DMRC for the same.
Scope of Works:
- The work shall be carried out in total 266 nos. Stations/depot/office which are divided into 03 Annexure’s i.e. Annexure-A, B & C and attached in this document. The work has to be carried out in the entire DMRC network as per requirement and it shall be binding on the contractor to execute the work.
- The team shall comprise of at least Two Lead Auditors with a team leader. The auditors auditing the system shall be the one specified during the technical evaluation of the bidding agency.
- It is to be ensured that the auditors are well experienced to assess the Energy Management systems of the organisation.
Scope of Services will include the following activities:
- Verification of initial documents applicable to energy use and consumption, including energy planning (Appropriateness of Energy Performance Indicators, Energy Review, Energy Baseline and Energy objectives and targets) that contributes to energy performance.
- Examination of documents (manual, procedures, management review, internal audits, etc.)
- Assessment of location and site conditions.
- Collection of necessary information related to statutory and regulatory aspects and compliances.
- Check implementation of effective actions related to outcome of stage-I
- Performance monitoring, measuring, reporting and reviewing against key performance objectives and targets.
- Review of documents/records-carry out the audit and collect evidence related to scope, processes and legal aspects and compare it with requirements of the standard.
- Assess the systems proposed for the certification audit of DMRC by site visit at various locations and decide whether it complies with standard requirements.
- The ISO 50001 certificates to be issued line wise and site wise (Station/depot/office).
- Report on Document Review and acceptance
- Stage 1 Audit Report
- Stage 2 Audit Report
- Accredited Certificates for ISO 50001 :2018
- Surveillance Audit Report.
- Certificate validation letter yearly
Energy Consumption at Station:
Relevant details regarding energy consumption at station/depot/office are as follows. The energy consumption varies for every station/depot/office. For example, the energy consumption of Janakpuri West Underground metro station (Line-8) is 2709.756 MW/hr
- The main sources of energy supply at a station/depot/office are:
- Grid Supply
- DG set
- Significant Sources regarding energy consumption in Underground station are:
- Ventilation fans
- Air cooled chiller
- ECS pumps
- Cooling tower
- Fan Coil Unit (FCU)
Stations have maintainers and technicians to see the maintenance of E&M equipment. At a typical station, 6 people are involved in maintenance of E&M equipment at a station. The name of stations/depot/office specified in each Annexure (A, B & C) is tentative.
In case of any change in number of stations/depot/office or name of stations/depot/office or shifting of stations/ depot/ office from one Annexure to another, the same will be communicated by the Engineer in charge of the work. However, the total number of stations/depot/office under the scope of certification will remain fixed. In case of increase or decrease in the number of stations, the same will be financially evaluated.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last 5 years ending on the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one ―similar work of value of ₹ 13.14 Lacs or more, or
- Two ―similar works each of value of ₹ 8.22 Lacs or more, or
- Three ―similar works each of value of ₹ 6.57 Lacs or more
Similar work for this contract shall be “Contractor should have done certification work of ISO 50001.”
If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value ₹ 6.57 Lacs or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
This initiative underscores DMRC’s commitment to sustainable practices, ensuring efficient energy use across its extensive network. The corporation is set to make strides in environmental stewardship through ISO 50001:2018 certification.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.