In a significant move, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Oleo Buffers India Pvt. Ltd. for Supply of friction type buffer stops for augmentation of Mukundpur Depot of Delhi Metro, Phase-4 Project.
- Tender Reference Number: DT-15
- Name of Work: Supply of friction type buffer stops for augmentation of Mukundpur Depot of Delhi Metro Project, Phase-4.
- Awarded Value: INR 83,23,130/-
- Contract Period: 04 Months
Scope of Works:
Track ends in Depot and test track shall be provided with friction sliding buffer stop with impact absorption material (non-hydraulic type). Sliding buffer stops shall incorporate features to prevent the train from the overriding and to facilitate resetting after impact. The design and specification of friction buffer stop shall be submitted by contractor for engineer’s approval.
The contractor shall interface with the designated rolling stock contractor for the details required for the design of friction buffer stops (confirmation on the train mass and coupler data). However the following provisions details shall be followed, until confirmed by interfacing with rolling stock supplier.
- 246 tonnes shall be allowed for the mass of an empty 6 -car train.
- 376 tonnes shall be allowed for the mass of an empty loaded 6 -car train.
- The stopping performance required for fully loaded trains on the viaduct (Test Track/Mainline) shall be stop from 25 km/h within 25m sliding length
- The stopping performance required for empty trains on the Depot shall be stop from 10 km/h within 10m sliding length (Nominal Shape & L-Shape)
- The stopping performance required for empty trains on the viaduct (Depot) shall be stop from 10 km/h within 6.5m sliding length (Nominal Shape & L-Shape)
The friction buffer stop is designed to provide controlled energy absorption between the buffer stop and rolling stock over the sliding length of buffer stop. Full Train rake simulation report impacting buffer stops to be submitted by the manufacturers; Impact test report of friction element, braking or stopping distance Calculations for friction buffer stop should be submitted by the manufacturer, Source of material and test certificate, Result of mechanical and chemical test conducted by an accredited laboratory. Material traceability should be provided by the manufacturer.
The manufacturer/Firm shall have capability to carry out simulation studies using simulation software for the complete rakes either in-house or through internationally reputed organisations with proven experience in Railway use. In case the tenderer has in-house facilities for Railway crash simulations, due verification/authentication of such simulation software through an accredited international body shall have to be submitted.
The manufacturer/Firm shall have capability to carry out the dynamic testing of friction elements either in-house or through internationally reputed agencies with proven experience in such testing. Friction buffer stops shall be provided with an identification plate prominently fixed to each type of buffer stops. This plate shall contain the following minimum information.
- Year of manufacture
- Buffer stop type
- Unique serial number
Protection against corrosion:
All steel parts are hot dip galvanised (min 85um) according to EN1461-2009 or equivalent Materials for the End Stop Frame: Steel, meeting Q/T Standards. Buffer stops being a safety critical component and Installation being the most critical aspect of the supply, Installation training to be provided at site by the Original Manufacturers only for minimum 5 working days; local representatives may coordinate for the same. Additional cost for the same to be included into the price of Buffer stops.
All components/subsystems/elements of the buffer stop or other equipment supplied along with it, should be with suitable & adequate protection against corrosion, i.e. steel parts to be hot-dip galvanised and/or suitably painted/coated with paint/anti-corrosion coating of adequate thickness.
The successful bidder would have to submit a detailed drawing once the contract is awarded. The drawing shall be studied & approved by DMRC, after corrections/additions/deletions, if any before actual commencement of the work. The work should be carried out as per the final drawing approved by DMRC.
The drawing should include & also clearly mentioned, the buffer details, part details/type/total number of components such as friction elements, rail supports. The contractor should agree & proposal should include warranty period 24 months after commissioning of section or 36 months from the last instalment of supplies whichever is earlier.
Necessary documentation such as the maintenance manual, list of spare parts, recommended maintenance practices etc. should be supplied in at least 2 copies along with the buffer stop set. The Contractor, in their offer should include all necessary calculations/justifications for proposing the quoted system & other equipment/components of the buffer stops.
This section describes the principal interface’s limit of scope for Buffer Stop Supply Contractor (DT-15) with other designated contractors.
- This document refers to the following Contractors:
- Track installation contractor: For installation of Buffer stop and other track components.
- Civil Contractor: Civil works for Construction of various works at Mukundpur Depot.
- Electrical Contractor: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of 25 Kv Ac flexible OHE, sectioning post, 33 Kv cable network, ASS & SCADA Systems of elevated sections of Delhi MRTS.
- Signalling & Train Control Contractors: For signalling, telecommunication and Train control of these Depots.
- Rolling Stock Contractor: Design, manufacturing, testing & commissioning of Rolling Stock for Standard Gauge of Phase-IV.
- Any and other designated contractor.
- The contractor shall also comply the following for the supply of Buffer Stops:
- A complete set of documentation must be supplied with each System.
- The documentation should be self-tutorial in nature and be readily understood by non-computer personnel.
- The following manuals must be supplied with the system:
- Manual on how to operate the equipment; and
- Manual on how to install and regular/periodical maintenance provided by the supplier. (Including languages and utilities).
This initiative marks a pivotal step in enhancing safety measures within Delhi Metro’s infrastructure, showcasing the commitment to precision, quality, and reliability in railway projects.
Source: DMRC- Tender Update| Image Credit (representational): DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.