Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s Patil Rail Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. for Supply of fastening system (60000 sets 04 anchor system & 92500 sets 02 anchor system) for ballastless track for Line-10 (Aerocity to Tughlakabad).
- Tender Reference Number: DT-09
- Name of Work: Supply of fastening system (60000 sets 04 anchor system & 92500 sets 02 anchor system) for ballastless track for Line-10 (Aerocity to Tughlakabad).
- Awarded Value: INR 52,16,15,550/-
- Contract Period: 24 Months
Scope of Works:
Technical specifications of Fastening System:
The Proposed Fastening System for ballastless track should comply with performance criteria issued by Ministry of Railways under Annexure C II of Procedure of safety certification & Technical clearance for Metro Systems, December 2015.
The proposed Fastening System should have a Proven Track record. The fastening system should have satisfactory performance record of minimum three years in service in regular revenue operation on ballastless track on any two different established railway systems (except exclusive freight tracks) for a length of at least 5 km in each metro having speed potential of at least 80 kmph & design axle load 16T irrespective of wheel profile and rail section.
Any deviation/Modification in Proposed fastening system against Para 4.6 of Performance criteria issued by Ministry of Railways under Annexure C II of Procedure of safety certification & Technical clearance for Metro Systems, December 2015 will be considerable only if, system with deviation/ modification is approved by Ministry of Railways and Modified system will have Proven Track record as mentioned in A(ii).
In such a case an Assembly Test will be required to be done with the fresh samples and same to be witnessed by DMRC nominated Third Party Inspection agency/DMRC.
MOR Approval for the Proposed Fastening system is Mandatory. Any system proposed under Para 1.2 of Annexure C2 of Procedure of safety certification & Technical clearance for Metro Systems, December 2015 will not be considerable.
The tenderer shall submit the approval of Ministry of Railways along with the compliance of all observations of MOR, if any, while granting such approvals and also to submit the technical details and test reports to substantiate the compliance of performance criteria under Annexure C II of Procedure of safety certification & Technical clearance for Metro Systems issued on December 2015 by Ministry of Railways.
The Technical Proposal to be submitted by tenderer, shall clearly demonstrate the understanding and comprehension of the supply, including Preliminary Scheme/drawings of Fastenings System.
Regarding Fastening System for Ballastless track With respect to the fastening system for ballastless track proposed by the Tenderer, the following minimum information/ certification should be provided by the tenderer.
Prior MOR approval for the proposed Fastening system is mandatory, therefore, the tenderer has to submit a certificate along with all annexure and compliance of all observations of MOR along with proof.
Performance criteria of fastening system for ballastless track on Metro Railways/MRTS system (Compliance to be given):
- The performance criteria define the performance standard of fastening system for ballastless track of Metro Railway System. Apart from other things, the fastening system is required to moderate vibration and noise transmitted through the rail and to reduce the track stiffness and the impact on the track structure, so as to obtain the parameters as detailed in the ensuing paragraphs.
- A new fastening system, which is fully compliant to performance criteria and not approved by MoR can also be used by Metro Railways/MRTS system as they are free to choose fastening systems for ballastless track complying with this performance criterion.
- The details of such fastening system used shall be submitted to MoR and the same shall be kept in observation by MoR for a period of 2 years under service conditions in association of Metro Railways/MRTS system.
- The Performa for the monitoring performance shall be advised by MoR to concerned Metros Railways/MRTS system. After successful performance for 2 years, Metro Railways/MRTS system shall process for approval of MoR for further use of fastening system.
- The fastening system already approved by MOR as per previous performance criteria for ballastless track dated 21.5.2010 will not require fresh clearance as per this revised criteria and any of these systems can be used by Metro/ MRTS systems.
- In case Metros Railways/MRTS system opts for a new fastening system for ballastless track which is not fully compliant to these performance criteria, they will approach MoR for approval before finalising the use of fastening system.
- Fastening system is expected to perform generally in the following conditions:
- Gauge —Broad Gauge, 1676/1673mm (nominal) and standard gauge — 1435 mm
- Speed potential —110 kmph (max.)
- Rail section — 60kg (UIC)/60E1, 90 UTS/110 UTS
- Static axle load — BG & SG — 20t (Max.)
- Design rail temperature range: (-) 10 degree Celsius to (+) 70 degree Celsius
- Curvature and gradient will be specified in SOD.
- Rail seat inclination (slope) —1 in 20
- In addition, the client Railway may specify any other operating condition such as support spacing etc.
Ballastless Track Structure:
- Track shall be laid on cast in situ/precast reinforced plinth or slab, hereinafter referred to as the ‘track slab’. The track slab shall be designed as plinth beam or slab type ballastless track structure with derailment guards.
- The track slab dimensions and the clearance between rail and derailment guard shall be sufficient to accommodate the base plates of the fastening system and to facilitate easy and convenient replacement of the fastening system. The clearance between rail and derailment guard shall be within the range provided in Annexure-C-1.
- In general, track slab on which the fastening and rails are to be fitted shall:
- Resist the track forces.
- Have adequate edge distance of concrete beyond the anchor bolts to provide resistance against edge failure.
- Provide a level base for uniform transmission of rail forces.
- Have geometrical accuracy and enable installation of track to the tolerances laid down.
- Ensure adequate drainage
- Resist weathering
- Be construction friendly, maintainable and quickly repairable in the event of a derailment. The ‘Repair and Maintenance methods’ shall be detailed in the ‘Track Maintenance Manual’ to be prepared and made available before the line or a portion of a line is opened for traffic.
- Ensure provision for electrical continuity between consecutive plinths/slabs by an appropriate design.
Performance Requirement of Fastening System:
The fastening system shall be designed to hold the two rails of the track strongly to the supporting structure in upright position by resisting the vertical, lateral and longitudinal forces (including thermal forces) and vibrations. The fastening shall be with a proven track record.
The fastening system should have satisfactory performance record of minimum three years in service in regular revenue operation on ballastless track on any two different established railway systems (except exclusive freight tracks) for a length of at least 5 km in each metro having speed potential of at least 80 kmph & design axle load 16T irrespective of wheel profile and rail section.
In this regard, suppliers should submit certificates of performance from user railways administration including proof of use of the fastening system. The supplier has also to submit a certificate that the components of fastening assembly are having same material and specification in case the proven system is having different rail section and wheel profile along with details of test results as per test plan of Table 1.
For any metro system having design axle load <16T, the above criteria shall be applicable for the axle load for which the metro system is designed. The fastening shall provide insulation to take care of the return current of the traction system. Fastening should satisfy the required performance norms as stated in para 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, & 4.6.
The successful execution of this contract is crucial for ensuring the efficiency and safety of the Metro’s line-10, showcasing DMRC’s commitment to adhering to high-quality standards in its infrastructure development. The selection of M/s Patil Rail Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. underscores the confidence in their capabilities for delivering a robust and reliable fastening system.
Source: DMRC- Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.