Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless/ballasted track in Sarita Vihar Depot for augmentation of additional maintenance facilities in standard gauge corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Phase-IV.
- Tender Reference Number: DT-16
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless/ballasted track in Sarita Vihar Depot for augmentation of additional maintenance facilities in standard gauge corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Phase-IV.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 9.44 Crores
- EMD: INR 9.44 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 18 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 05th Sep, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 07th Oct, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 12th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 30th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 07th Oct, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 09th Oct, 2023
This chapter describes the principal interface limit of scope of Sarita vihar depot Track-Work Contractor DT-16 and designated contractors.
This document refers to the following Contractors:
- Civil Contractor: Civil works for Construction of various works at Sarita vihar depot.
- Electrical Contractor: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of 25 Kv Ac flexible OHE, sectioning post, 33 Kv cable network, ASS & SCADA Systems of elevated sections of Delhi MRTS.
- Signalling & Train Control Contractors: For signalling, telecommunication and Train control of these corridors.
- Rolling Stock Contractor: Design, manufacturing, testing & commissioning of Rolling Stock for Standard Gauge of Phase IV.
- Any and other designated contractor.
Scope of Work:
The works to be executed under the contract include manufacture & supply of materials (except rails, Turnouts and Scissors X-over for ballastless/ballasted track, which shall be supplied by the Employer), verification, delivery, installation, testing, including integrated testing and commissioning, technical support, training of Employer‘s staff and documentation for a complete system necessary to deliver the requirements of this specification.
This specification establishes the requirements for the manufacture, supply, and installation, testing and commissioning of Ballastless/Ballasted Track in Sarita Vihar depot for Augmentation of Additional Maintenance Facilities for Standard Gauge Corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Phase-IV.
The details of curves, turnouts, scissors x-overs, gradients, etc. have been shown in alignment drawings, the exact locations and details of which shall be interfaced by the contractor with designated civil contractors.
For welding of Rails, the bidder /JV Partner/ Consortium shall have MOU with RDSO approved Flush Butt Welding Plant owner for HH Rail, for carrying out welding work for the project.
The contractor shall be required to interface closely with the various Detailed Design Consultants and the designated civil/structural and system contractors on the Phase IV, SG Corridor appointed by the Employer.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the following:
- Supply of P. Way materials such as fastenings, glued insulated joints & buffer stops & (except Rails, Ballastless/Ballasted Turnout and Scissor Cross over which shall be supplied by the Employer). The contractor will make arrangements for mechanised handling and transportation of all materials (including the materials supplied by the Employer) to the site of work.
- The fastening system to be procured and installed in the ballastless track shall comply with the performance criteria issued by Ministry of Railways vide letter No. 2009/proj/MAS /9/2 dated 21-5-2010 and approved by Ministry of Railways, Government of India as on date of opening.
- Railway Board under their letter No. 2010/Proj./Genl/3/3 dated 23.12.2011 have issued ‘Technical standard for Track Structure for Metro Railways/MRTS Systems “a copy of which is enclosed as Annexure ‘A’ of Particulars Specifications provided in volume 3 of Tender documents.
- The tenders design shall comply with these standards unless instructed by Employer. Design of plinth / slab type track structure. Setting-out final alignment. Welding of UIC 60 IRS-T-12-2009, 1080/880 grade head hardened rails using the specified welding techniques.
- Provision of shear connector, wherever required, between 1st pour and 2nd pour reinforced concrete for ballastless track. Testing of components and installation methods. The scope of work for the contract is further described in the Employer’s requirements.
- For welding of Rails, the bidder shall have RDSO approved Flush Butt Welding Plant with standardisation of welding parameters for HH Rails along with final QAP approved by RDSO as per Addendum & Corrigendum slip No. 2 of Manual for Flush.
- Points and Crossing No change of grade shall be permitted on points and crossing. There will be no change of super elevation on and within 15m (desirable)/3m (minimum) of any turnout on ballastless track.
- In case of ballasted track, there shall be no change of grade on and within 30m of any turnout outside toe & switch rail and nose of crossing respectively. For other related items refer to the Railway board note no. 2011/Proj./MoU/31/1 Vol.1 dated 21/4/2017.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during last five years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least One “similar work” of value INR 7.55 Crores or more, or
- At least Two “similar work” of value INR 4.72 Crores or more, or
- At least Three “similar work” of value INR 3.78 Crores or more
The Definition of Similar Nature of the Work is to be considered as under:
Installation of Ballast-less/ Ballasted track work on Mainline/Depot of Railway/Metro/MRTS system. The value of the Supply of track materials and associated Civil works, if any done under the installation work will be considered for evaluation.
If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not to be similar in nature) of total put together of value INR 3.78 Crores or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Please Note that the experience on Ballast-less/Ballasted tracks on a system having design Axle load less than 12 tons, or portions of work having design speed less than 70 kmph or Tramways shall not be considered. Components of Ballastless Track works in sidings, spurs and other non- passenger portions shall also not be considered.
For Welding of Rails, the bidder shall have RDSO approved Flush Butt Welding Plant with standardisation of welding parameters for HH Rail and Non-HH Rails along with final QAP approved by RDSO as per Addendum & Corrigendum slip No. 2 of Manual for Flush Butt Welding of Rails (Revision Jan. 2012) clause 5.6.2 as per Annexure – IX & X or shall have MOU with the owner of such welding plant owner on the date of opening. The bidder should submit documentary evidence in support of the above requirement at the time of submission.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC