Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of MSS & Buffer stop for Line-8 extension (Janakpuri West-Majlis Park- R.K. Ashram) (Ch. 788.227m to Ch. 30061.24m).
- Tender Reference Number: DT-08
- Name of Work: Installation, testing & commissioning of ballastless track including supply of MSS & Buffer stop for Line-8 extension (Janakpuri West-Majlis Park- R.K. Ashram) (Ch. 788.227m to Ch. 30061.24m).
- EMD: INR 1,12,50,000/-
- Completion Period: 36 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 12th June, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 03rd Oct, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 27th June, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 26th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd Oct, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 04th Oct, 2023
This specification defines the objectives, guidelines and requirements for Contract DT-08: “Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Ballastless track including supply of MSS & buffer stop for line-8 Ext (Janakpuri West-Majlis Park-R.K.Ashram) (ch 788.227m to ch.30061.24 m)”.
The works to be executed under the contract include design of track slab (Design Basis Report), manufacture & supply of materials (except Rails, Turnouts and Scissors X-over for ballastless track), verification, delivery, installation, testing, including integrated testing and commissioning, technical support, training of Employer‘s staff and documentation for a complete system necessary to deliver the requirements of this specification.
The proposed method statements, installation procedures and installation plans for the Works shall be submitted for the Approval of the Engineer in accordance with this Chapter. These submissions shall be summarised and detailed in the Contractor’s Submission Schedule (CSS). The documents forming the submissions shall use a standard format which shall be submitted by the Contractor for the approval of the Engineer.
Notwithstanding the nominal track to supporting structure dimensions indicated on the Drawings, the as constructed dimensions may vary subject to the allowable tolerances. In addition, the supporting structure may contain ramps, steps, channels, drains, anchor bolts, manholes, upstands and the like. The methods of construction shall accommodate these constraints.
All temporary/service tracks, if required for track work on main lines and depot lines, shall be arranged & laid by the contractor with prior approval of the Engineer. The contractor shall remove the temporary/service track after completing the track work as approved by the Engineer.
Scope of Work:
The track gauge throughout shall be 1435 mm for SG (or as per SOD) measured between the running edge gauge point of each rail and normal to the centre line of the track 14 mm below top of Rail.
All main line tracks including turnout, x-over, diamond x-ing, derailing switches shall be laid with -1:20 inward rail slope.
The Contractor shall take due cognisance of his proposed rail jointing system and the rail fastening assembly spacing in the selection of the appropriate length of long welded rail panels.
The minimum closure rail length in the plain line shall be 6 metres except for specific locations as shown on the Drawings or as approved by the Engineer.
No wastage allowance shall be permitted for the various materials supplied by the Employer except for the rails. The wastage allowance for rails shall be permitted in accordance with the provisions of para 8.4.2.(4) of PS.
Turnouts on ballastless track shall be so set out that the line and level of both straight and turnout track are within designed tolerances as approved by Engineer.
Check rails shall be set and checked to the correct clearance by using the running edge of the crossing as the datum.
The assembly sequence of turnouts and diamond crossings shall be submitted for Engineer’s Approval as part of the overall method statement for pre-assembly, handling, storage, transportation, unloading and installation.
On completion of a turnout, the Contractor shall immediately scotch the switches with a purpose made hardwood timber scotch and securely clamp the switches for the through route with an appropriate clamp to be arranged by the contractor and as approved by the Engineer. The clamp shall be capable of being padlocked with the switch in the closed position.
No on-track Constructional Plant, equipment and machinery shall be allowed to operate over a turnout until it has been inspected and approved by the Engineer.
The contractor shall interface & ensure the designed switch opening while fixation of the first stretcher bar by designated signalling contractor.
All stretcher bars for switches except first stretcher bar shall be installed by the Contractor duly interfacing with designated signalling contractor and approved by the Engineer.
Switches shall be installed to provide adequate flange way clearance between the stock rail and the switch rail with the switch rail in open position. The minimum flange way clearance in the switch portion shall not be less than 60 mm.
For this purpose, 1 in 9 turnout may have 2nd drive arrangement while the 1 in 7 turnout will be without 2nd drive. The contractor shall provide arrangements for mounting of point operating mechanism and 2nd drive and shall coordinate and interface with designated signalling contractor to ensure full compatibility with regards to installation requirements and point operating mechanism. The contractor shall also be responsible for fixation of 2nd drive on tongue rails and RCC slab. The opening of the switch at toe of switch shall be kept as 160 mm.
Turnouts, Crossovers, Diamond Crossing will be laid on a fastening system to be supplied by the Turnout supplier. Fastening for the lead portion will also be supplied by the Supplier. The contractor shall cast derailment guards along with track plinths as per drawings approved by the employer.
The contractor shall provide all gauges and measuring equipment and labour necessary to completely check the pre assembled turnout’s crossovers and diamond crossings.
- The installation of friction buffers stops shall be done by contractor as per manufacturer’s guide line.
- Friction buffer stops shall not be installed until the track is at the design line and level, as approved. The following requirements shall be complied with:
- There shall be no thermic weld within the rail length of the buffer stop or the rail sliding length of the buffer. Any weld that falls within the friction buffer stop rail sliding length shall be ground to produce a smooth and uniform standard rail cross section to ensure that the performance of the buffer stop is unaffected.
- Friction buffer stops shall be assembled and installed with the sliding shoe bolts torqued strictly in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
- The fabricated buffer stops shall be inspected by the Engineer before installation. Necessary assistance shall be provided by the contractor to facilitate the inspections. A minimum of 21 days notice in writing of the dates on which the buffer stops will be available for inspection shall be given to the Engineer.
- The buffer stops shall have the identification plates fixed, prior to the inspection, and these identification plates shall be maintained until the acceptance of the buffer stops in the works.
- Inspection sheets shall be prepared and submitted for Approval of each assembly clearly showing the design actual dimensional checks, item number and identification marks.
Minimum average annual turnover of INR 81.75 Crore calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/ or completed, within the last 05 years, divided by 05 years.
A minimum number similar contracts, that have been satisfactorily and substantially(viii) completed (iii) as a prime contractor (i) (single entity or JV member) (iv) between 1st January 2016 and Bid submission deadline as follows:
- At least one “similar work” of value of INR 98.10 Crore or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of value of INR 61.32 Crore or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of value of INR 49.05 Crore or more
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC