Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Supply of safety critical Hardware and Supporting Software for development of Interlocking/Wayside ATC/ Onboard ATC system & support for Hardware/Software integration and testing for CBTC Signalling System.
- Tender Reference Number: i-CBTC-01
- Name of Work: Supply of safety critical Hardware and Supporting Software for development of Interlocking/Wayside ATC/ Onboard ATC system & support for Hardware/Software integration and testing for CBTC Signalling System.
- Approximate Cost of Work: INR 27.23 Crores
- EMD: INR 25 Lakhs
- Completion Period: 18 Months
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 19th Dec, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 30th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 19th Dec, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 20th Dec, 2023
Scope and Purpose:
Works for “Supply of safety critical hardware and supporting software for development of Interlocking/Wayside ATC/Onboard ATC system & support for Hardware/software Integration and Testing for CBTC Signalling System” shall be done in accordance with technical specification and the other requirements of the Contract.
- The work is required to be carried out at following section/line of DMRC Network (refer Appendix-B for details):
- Shastri Park Depot Extension Lines
- I-CBTC Lab at IT building, Shastri park
The Works to be executed under the Contract include the manufacture, delivery, and support for supplied product during the integration and field trials for prototype product, accessories, Operating system and supporting software etc. necessary to deliver the requirements of this Specification. Term “Hardware” used in this Technical specification, shall be read as “SIL-4 failsafe hardware as per EN CENELEC Standard”.
Scope of Works:
- The supply of Hardware/OS/drivers/supporting software and support for hardware/software integration and testing of supplied equipment required for field trial of developed product at Shastri Park depot extension lines & i-CBTC Lab (at Shastri Park) is to be done by the Contractor under the Contract and shall meet all requirements as defined in the Technical Specification.
- The scope for the work of “Supply of Safety critical Hardware and Supporting Software for development of Interlocking/Wayside ATC/Onboard ATC system & Support for hardware/software integration and testing for CBTC Signalling System” is detailed in this specification.
- CBI Hardware Product including I/O units and supporting OS,BSP & Drivers etc. proposed by Bidder should be proven type/upgrade on proven product. Supporting performance certificate of product used is to be submitted by Bidder along with the type of SIL-4 application used in Metro/Railway application.
- The Bidder should provide all the items including supporting OS, BSP, Drivers etc. If the supplier is not having all the items, consortiums can be made with other OEMs to supply all the items. However, the Hardware supplier should be the lead integrator and responsible for the integration and responsible for providing support for SIL4 certification and field trials.
- SIL 4 certified Systems are to be supplied. In the absence of SIL4 certification for the entire system, the components of the system, namely, 2oo2 CBI Processing Module, I/O units and peripheral card hardware, Operating system, Device drivers and BSP, Platform software with Safety related libraries, Synchronisation methods and APIs etc. are to be SIL4 certified, independently, or as part of a similar subsystem.
- The contractor shall provide supporting details/information, assist in ISA certification and provide clarifications required by the ISA. The contractor will also reply to the ISA queries. All the supplied hardware will have a DMRC and BEL logo, the details of the logo will be shared later.
- The hardware/supporting software supplied by the contractor, shall be able to communicate with third-party CBI without any requirement of changes in hardware/supporting software.
- The supplied hardware/supporting softwares/drivers/BSP etc. shall be used for development of CBI product, which will be deployed in Metro and Indian Railway. Hence public procurement (preference to Make in India), 2017 (latest revision) policy of Indian Railway (refer https://indianrailways.gov.in) may be followed at later stage while deployment of developed product in Indian Railway.
- The supplied hardware/supporting software etc. under this contract shall be suitable and fit for use in the India environment. The proposed work shall be executed in different stages as per key dates of Appendix-C.
Scope of Services:
- Installation of supplied equipment/product & supporting softwares for one set of CBI, wayside ATC & onboard ATC at Lab and Site location shall be done by the Contractor.
- Further Installation, configuration of hardware & supporting software for the remaining system shall be done by the Employer. The contractor shall provide sufficient training to DMRC & BEL staff for further installation activities at remaining locations.
- Supervision of Installation of supplied hardware and supporting softwares etc. for 30 man days as per requirement of the Employer over the period of contract.
- The contractor shall be responsible for integration of all the supplied hardwares and supporting Software at Lab and site locations as per system architectural Block Diagram of CBI, wayside ATC and Onboard ATC provided by Employer.
- However, Employer shall integrate, test the supplied hardware & supporting softwares with other subsystems/systems of CBI, wayside ATC etc. Further, support for integration & testing of supplied product/supporting softwares with other subsystems of CBI, wayside ATC and onboard ATC for 150 mandays shall be provided by contractor as per the requirement of Employer over the period of contract.
- Efficient supervision of the hardware/software Installation and configuration of softwares activities of Employer’s staff/ Third party staff to ensure high quality work and productivity. The Contractor’s experts provided for supervision of hardware/software installation shall have adequate knowledge in the relevant discipline.
- The experts for supervision and support may not be continuous, and they may be required to supervise the installation & support for integration & testing in short periods at the discretion of the Employer.
- The experts shall be available at short notice to supervise & support Employer’s staff/third party staff. Training for 50 days.
- Assist and provide all information, documents required by Independent safety assessor and consultant (to be appointed by DMRC).
- Support for ISA certification and Safety case of supplied product for use in development of product/field trial (CBI, Wayside ATC and Onboard ATC) by DMRC for “Certification of Generic Product/Generic Application/Specific application of CBI, Wayside ATC and Onboard ATC”.
The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works, during last seven years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of value of INR 21.78 crore or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of value of INR 13.622 crore or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of value of INR 10.89 crore or more.
The “Similar works” for this contract shall be “Supply of Hardware for Interlocking/ Wayside ATC/ Onboard ATC system in Metro/ Railway for SIL-4 Application as per EN CENELEC Standards”.
The tenderers shall be qualified only if they have successfully completed at least one similar work for passenger carrying Metro or Signalling system supplier of any passenger carrying metro or System Integrator for any passenger carrying Metro, which should be in operation for a minimum one year for passenger services ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission.
Products used for similar work should have been used in India or at least in one country outside the country of origin. Supporting performance certificate of product used is to be submitted by Bidder along with the type of SIL-4 application (Interlocking, Automatic Train Control etc.) used in Passenger Metro Signalling System.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.