The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) achieved a significant milestone with the launch of ‘Momentum 2.0,’ an innovative platform set to redefine the daily commuting experience for millions in the National Capital Region (NCR).
The app provides instant and direct access to services such as Integrated QR Ticketing (mainline and airport line), a wide array of e-shopping choices, digital lockers for quick and safe deliveries, Smart Utility Payments and last-mile connectivity options.
The ‘Momentum 2.0’ platform was formally launched by DMRC’s Managing Director, Dr. Vikas Kumar at the Shivaji Stadium Metro station. Delhi Metro is the first mass transport provider in the country to introduce such unique facilities for commuters.
What is ‘Momentum 2.0’
- ‘Momentum 2.0’ aims to convert commute time into quality, productive time blocks for travellers by adding a bouquet of services for hassle-free seamless journeys.
- Now Riding in Metro will not just be a journey anymore, it will be an experience that starts before you reach the station and continues even after de-boarding.
- The new app, a joint initiative of Delhi Metro & AutoPe Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd., will provide seamless access to Metro rides while making the commute time count.
- The users of existing DMRC App will be automatically advised to migrate to this newer version i.e. Momentum 2.0. Among a host of solutions, the app offers key value additions to the Delhi Metro experience.
Streamlined QR Ticketing:
- ‘Momentum 2.0’ simplifies your Metro entry with QR Ticketing, providing a seamless experience. It offers integrated QR tickets for all Metro lines, including the Airport Line, eliminating the need of multiple apps in turn enhancing user experience.
- In addition, DMRC card recharge as well as transaction details of the card are also available on App, thus enabling commuters to go through their travel & recharge history. There is also an option for commuters to give standing instructions in the App for “Auto Top Up” in case the balance falls below a minimum defined value.
Shopping at virtual stores:
- The app has an e-shopping option with a wide array of goods to choose from. This innovative Brick & Click Store experience provides customers on the go convenience of shopping for groceries and other essential items at the metro stations.
- Brands can display their products and services through extended reality tools, and travellers can simply use a QR code mechanism to shop the goods of their choice.
- At present virtual stores have been provided at 20 stations and will be provided at the majority of the stations by the end of June 2024.
Digital lockers for the smart shopper:
- For passengers looking to get their shopping items delivered safely even when they are not at home, the DMRC has the Smart Box option, a truly fascinating feature of Momentum 2.0.
- These innovative digital lockers, stationed at the Metro, offersecure, tech-enabled management of parcel and other products, ensuring the swiftest delivery and retrieval processes.
- It can be utilised by institutions such as banks for delivering crucial items like cheque books, debit cards, and credit cards, as well as by e-commerce companies, further underlining their brilliance and practicality. At present digital lockers have been provided at 50 stations and will be provided at the majority of the stations by June 2024.
- But that’s not all; these smart lockers also offer personal temporary storage. Imagine this scenario: You’re heading to a movie where cameras or bags are not allowed inside. No worries! You can utilise these smart lockers to keep your stuff for the time being.
- Whether you’re going shopping, attending a party, or heading to the office, these lockers have you covered. Your belongings are safe and sound, allowing you to enjoy your plans without any concerns.
Apart from the above, a number of additional services will also be offered. Users will be able to pay their utility bills such as electricity, gas, mobile, DTH, FASTag etc easily. Once at the Metro station, the App provides station information, along with the details of the location of facilities, gates, lifts, escalators, platform and first and last train timing. As the time of arrival is based on the destination, a bike / cab can be made ready to receive the passenger at the exact time in the designated area.
Whether you are looking for food outlets or ATMs, it’s easy to locate them with the app. The app offers information on shops, outlets, kiosks, and ATMs available at the stations. Just browse through these outlets and shop during arrival or departure, at your convenience.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Images Credit: DMRC