The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) achieved a historic milestone by registering an unprecedented 68.16 lakh passenger journeys on Monday (August 28, 2023), marking the highest ever daily passenger journeys pre and post the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For perspective, the previous highest recorded passenger journey count stood at 66,18,717 on February 10, 2020, just before the pandemic disrupted travel patterns and routines.
- This remarkable milestone, achieved yesterday, comes after a period of challenges and reflects the resilience and trust of the Delhi NCR citizens in the world-class transportation system provided by DMRC.
- This achievement is a testament to the efforts of DMRC’s dedicated staff, the support of the Delhi NCR residents, and the commitment to providing safe, efficient, and eco-friendly transportation services.
- DMRC continues to prioritise passenger safety and comfort while enhancing connectivity across the Delhi NCR region. This milestone underscores our mission to provide accessible, reliable, and sustainable transportation solutions.
Line-wise passengers journey report (28 Aug 2023):
|Date||Red Line||Yellow Line||Blue Line-1||Blue Line-2||Green Line||Violet Line||Pink Line||Magenta Line||Grey Line||Rapid Metro||Airport Express Line||Total|
|28 Aug 2023||735116||1866573||1447548||360211||325673||696958||671393||563624||38545||49640||60871||6816252|
About Delhi Metro:
- The Delhi Metro has been instrumental in ushering in a new era in the sphere of mass urban transportation in India. The swanky and modern Metro system introduced comfortable, air conditioned and eco-friendly services for the first time in India and completely revolutionised the mass transportation scenario not only in the National Capital Region but the entire country.
- Having constructed a massive network of about 390.14 Km with 286 stations (including NOIDA-Greater NOIDA Corridor and Rapid Metro, Gurugram) in record time in Delhi, NCR, the DMRC today stands out as a shining example of how a mammoth technically complex infrastructure project can be completed before time and within budgeted cost by a Government agency.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) was registered on 3rd May 1995 under the Companies Act, 1956 with equal equity participation of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and the Central Government to implement the dream of construction and operation of a world- class Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS).
- The Airport Express link between the Indira Gandhi International Airport and New Delhi has now propelled Delhi to the league of global cities which have high speed rail connectivity between the city and the airport. The DMRC today has over 300 train sets of four, six and eight coaches.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Unsplash