The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) remains committed to enhancing the ‘ease of booking’ tickets through the digital transformation of its ticketing system for travellers throughout its extensive network.
In a recent breakthrough, DMRC has revealed the incorporation of its ticketing services into the ‘One Delhi’ mobile application, offering commuters the ease of planning uninterrupted journeys that seamlessly combine both the Metro and Delhi’s city bus services.
Currently utilised for generating QR tickets for DTC buses, the ‘One Delhi App’ now serves as a comprehensive platform for streamlined travel arrangements by including QR tickets for Delhi Metro also.
The facility was launched at Metro Bhawan jointly by Dr. Vikas Kumar, Managing Director, DMRC; Shri Ashish Kundra, IAS, Transport Commissioner, Govt. of NCTD, and Shri Pravesh Biyani, Head, Centre for Mobility, IIIT-D in the presence of other senior officials.
This integration has been done in collaboration with IIIT-D (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi) which manages the ‘One Delhi’ app for the Delhi Government. The ‘One Delhi’ app launched by the Delhi Government offers all details as well as ticketing options regarding the national capital’s bus services.
Presently, DMRC is offering sale of digital QR tickets through multiple channels like, DMRC Saarthi (Momentum 2.0) app, Whatsapp, Paytm, DMRC Travel app, etc. and Phonepe & Ridlr (For Airport Express Line only). Around 1.2 lakh digital QR tickets are sold daily through these channels.
One Daily App:
- ‘One Daily App’ presently used for issuing digital QR tickets for DTC buses only and average number of daily ticket sales is 1.5 lakh per day with around 3.0 lakh active users.
- The integration of issuing QR tickets for Metro and DTC buses through ‘One Delhi App’ will add one more channel for issuing Delhi Metro tickets and will facilitate commuters to use one single app for booking Delhi Metro and Bus tickets.
- This strategic partnership will make commuting on the Delhi Metro even more convenient, offering passengers a one-stop solution for their transportation needs.
- The app goes beyond just ticketing by offering integrated trip planning for buses and Metros.
- By inserting your desired starting point and destination, the One Delhi Mobile App will generate a comprehensive itinerary that seamlessly combines both modes of transportation.
- This feature eliminates the need to switch between multiple apps or consult different sources for bus and metro schedules.
- The inclusion of DMRC’s ticketing services within the app represents a significant milestone in Delhi’s journey toward a more interconnected and efficient urban transport system.
The integration of our ticketing services with the ‘One Delhi’ app is an important step in this direction. Whether you need to purchase Metro tickets, locate nearby stations or plan a multi-modal trip, this user-friendly application covers all requirements. Passengers will benefit from a more streamlined and user-friendly experience, allowing them to make better use of their time and resources.
The ‘One Delhi’ App is being updated gradually on both Google (Android) and Apple play stores with the provision of Delhi Metro ticket booking facility. The fully updated version shall be available on both the platforms within the next few hours.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Images Credit: DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.