The Najafgarh – Dhansa Bus Stand section on the Grey Line of Delhi Metro will be formally inaugurated for passenger services by the Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs, Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri and the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sh. Arvind Kejriwal in the presence of the Union Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs, Sh. Kaushal Kishore and the Transport Minister of NCT of Delhi, Sh. Kailash Gahlot on 18th September, 2021 (Saturday) at 12:30 PM via video conferencing.
- The passenger services on this section will commence at 5 PM on the same day.
- The approximately one kilometre (891 metres) long Najafgarh – Dhansa Bus Stand section will take the Metro further into the interior areas of Najafgarh.
Underground Integrated Parking facility:
- The Dhansa Bus Stand Metro station on the Dwarka – Najafgarh – Dhansa Bus Stand corridor will be the first ever underground Metro station of the Delhi Metro network to have an entire underground floor dedicated for parking of vehicles.
- The parking facility will be integrated with the main station area where vehicle users will be able to park their cars and two wheelers and then proceed to the concourse of the station directly using lifts and escalators.
- The station has been designed as a four-level underground structure where there will be the platform at the bottom (at an approximate depth of 18 metres) followed by the concourse and then an entire floor for parking above it with the roof level at the top (ground level).
- The parking lot is equipped with facilities such as the entry and exit ramps, lifts, staircases, escalators etc.
- The facility will have a parking space for about 110 cars and 185 two wheelers.
- There would be provision for property development activities at the ground level in the future.
- There will be one lift at the centre of the parking lot for passengers.
- In addition, there will be two staircases and two escalators each which will connect the facility directly with the unpaid area of the concourse below.
- In the office hours when the passengers are in a hurry to board the train as early as possible, the location of the parking lot in such close vicinity to the concourse will be a major benefit.
- The parking facility can be considered a major design-based improvement since no other underground Metro station in Delhi Metro’s network has any such facility.
Source: DMRC-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): DMRC