Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Property Development at Botanical Garden Metro Station of Line-3.
- Tender Reference Number: CPD-108
- Name of Work: Property Development at Botanical Garden Metro Station of Line-3.
- EMD: INR 1,92,500/-
- Completion Period: 5475 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 24th July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 23rd August, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 04th August, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th August, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 23rd August, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 24th August, 2023
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects, has been mandated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) (formerly known as Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) to undertake value capture from property development initiatives for sustainable revenue generation for the DMRC vide its Policy Circular No K-14011/8/2000-MRTS (Pt.) dt 30.3.2009.
- Through this RFP Document, DMRC intends to select a “lessee” to take up on ‘Lease basis’, the spaces available for property development on a land plot near Botanical Garden Metro Station of Line-3 of Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) (hereinafter referred to as “Project Site”).
- This Leasing has been envisaged to generate up-front and recurring revenues to DMRC to supplement its non-fare-box collections in the operation phase. The Botanical Garden metro Station is part of the Yamuna Bank – Noida City Centre elevated section of the MRTS Phase-II.
- Botanical Garden Metro station is a prominent station where approx 626.25 Sqm PD area is available at Ground Level which is proposed to be leased out for various uses as detailed in this document. The space is ideally suitable for commercial shops, food courts etc. using temporary construction/development only.
- The Botanical Garden is an interchange Metro Station in Noida between the Blue Line and Magenta Line of the Delhi Metro. It serves as one of the terminal stations of the Magenta line. Botanical Garden metro station is the first elevated interchange station outside Delhi situated on the Blue Line and Magenta Line of Delhi Metro.
- The space offered herein provides an excellent opportunity for commercial exploitation because of:
- The Property Development area with wide frontage space gives an excellent visibility from the roads and the residential area.
- The vicinity of the large residential development around sector 29 & 37 etc.
- Situated in the front of the Main arterial road in Noida .i.e Captain Vijyant Thapar Marg
- Has excellent connectivity through Delhi Metro from Delhi and-Noida.,
- Parking space availability on a commercial term basis at the Station.
Scope of Work:
- The land (area) of approx. 626.25 Sqm plot near Botanical Garden Metro Station Site is proposed to be given on lease basis through this bidding process on “as is where is basis” as demarcated in the plans placed as Annexure – 6 of this document and is in the form of a bare piece of land.
- Lessee is required to develop the PD area by constructing a single story temporary/lightweight structure for retail or commercial development.
Works to be executed by Lessee:
- Lessee shall be required to execute all works as required for the commercial use in the Licensed Space(s) where only temporary/lightweight structures of 626.25 sqm shall be constructed by the Lessee.
- Temporary/lightweight structures mean structures without any foundation or footing and which can be removed when required such as fabric structures, fabric building systems and steel prefab structures i.e. knock down systems.
- Due to any reason, if structure is required to be removed, the lessee should do it peacefully, No claim or composition would be entertained on this account. The scope of Construction of Boundary wall to separate the PD area from existing operational structures of DMRC should be done by the Lessee at its own cost.
- The Lessee shall, at its sole expense and risk, carry out the financing, construction, procurement, management, operations and maintenance of the Leased Area in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- Property Development to be undertaken in the leased premises shall be governed by laws, bye-laws, rules and regulations of the local bodies and other Authorities and guidelines issued by DMRC.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for complying with all such laws, rules and stipulations and obtaining all the required approvals and clearances for the same from the concerned Authority.
- The leased space(s) can be used for any activity/purpose except for the activities banned by Law or Government Regulations and the activities listed in Clause 4.3.3 as banned activities. DMRC reserves the right to ensure that there is no violation of the above.
Following activities shall be Banned in the premises:
- Any product/service the sale of which is unlawful/illegal or deemed unlawful under any Indian act or legislation;
- Any product the storage and sale of which may lead to or be considered as a fire hazard; such as fire crackers, industrial explosive, chemicals, etc.
- Storage and sale of tobacco and tobacco products;
- Coal based cooking
- Gas based cooking may be permitted as per DMRC’s extent policy/Guidelines. (Policy Attached)
- The Lessee shall carry out the designing and development of the Leased Area in strict compliance with all applicable laws, in particular, applicable building codes and standards and good industry practice, which shall not in any manner endanger the commuters or the Project Site.
- Further, it is agreed and understood by the Lessee that proprietary interest on all development carried out by the Lessee on the Leased Space(s) shall vest with the Lesser and the Lessee relinquishes all its rights in such development in favour of the Lesser.
- Subject to terms of this Agreement and approval of the DMRC, the Lessee shall be free to design the layout plan and undertake the subdivision and partitioning works, interior design works along with utilities like power supply, water supply, toilets, drainage, HVAC, fire fighting, and telecommunications.
- Provided that, (a) the Lessee, the Sub-Lessee(s) and their representatives, agents and other persons undertaking works shall duly adhere to the provisions of all Applicable Laws including and in particular the prevalent building bye-laws of the place where the Leased Space(s) is located and specified guidelines /requirements of other competent authorities; (b) the facilities and works being undertaken or installed shall not in any manner affect, hinder or interfere with the free movement of the passengers, DMRC’s staff agents and representatives and visitors; (c) the width of passage and common area for movement of persons in the Leased Area shall be kept as per prevalent building byelaws; (d) no material shall be stored or kept outside the Leased Space(s) or in the common area meant for movement of persons; (e) no surplus construction machinery and materials, including hazardous materials and wastes shall be left at any place in the Leased Space(s) or the station.
- The Lessee shall ensure installation of automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm & detection system as per the approval of DMRC and shall commence the required activities on the Leased Space(s) only upon inspection and approval by the concerned department of DMRC.
- In this connection the Lessee will provide unfettered access to DMRC’s officers for the purpose of inspection from time to time and shall at its own risk and cost install and complete works as may be instructed by the officers of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall be solely responsible and liable for development of the Leased Area and implementation of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout. DMRC shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to either the Lessee or its contractors or agents and Sub-Lessees for any default or failure by the Lessee to comply with statutory requirements, design and construction as per the Applicable Laws in particular building codes and good industry practice, observance of safety and security measures at Leased Space(s) etc.
- It is the Lessee’s sole responsibility to obtain all necessary clearances and sanctions from competent authorities for approval to the various safety measures such as fire alarm, detection & fighting, required to be installed at the Leased Area. DMRC shall only provide assistance wherever possible (without any legal and binding obligation) to facilitate such a process.
- The Lessee shall ensure that no structural damage is caused to the existing buildings and other permanent structures in the surrounding area and on site as a result of its activities or any of its agents, contractors, tenants, etc.
- Any augmentation of the fire infrastructure such as fire water tank or fire pumps etc. if required under National Building Code/Building bye-laws/IS Codes for the commercial operation of the area shall be done by the Lessee as per DMRC standards at its own cost.
- The location for such augmentation shall be provided by DMRC at no additional cost and no reimbursement shall be made by DMRC for the works undertaken. Augmentation of the Fire Tank by an additional 100 KL is required.
- However it is to inform that a 120KL fire tank is available at a site which is not connected. The 120 KL tank may be utilised by the lessee, any modification required will be done by lessee at their own cost with DMRC’s NOC. Augmentation of 01 nos. Main Hydrant and Stand By pump of capacity 2850 LPM each is required.
- A Bidder must be a sole proprietorship firm or a partnership firm duly registered under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, or a Limited Liability Partnership duly registered under Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 or a body corporate incorporated and registered in India under the Companies Act, 1956 /2013, duly registered under the law applicable to such company, either individually or in Joint Venture or a Consortium under an existing agreement and further subject to compliance with applicable laws, policies and guidelines of the Government of India.
- In case the Selected Bidder is a Consortium/ JV, such Consortium/ JV shall be required to incorporate a company under Companies Act, 2013 which shall be a special purpose company (“SPC”) within 30 days of issuance of the LOA and the SPC shall enter into Lease Agreement with DMRC for implementation of the Project.
- The members of Consortium/ JV shall be required to maintain 100% of the equity of the SPC throughout the subsistence of the Lease Agreement. In case company is not incorporated within 30 days of issuance of LOA, then the LOA will stand cancelled and the amount deposited by the selected bidders (i.e. Tender Security, Security Deposit, Upfront amount etc.) shall be forfeited.
- In case selected bidder is other than a consortium/ JV, special purpose company (SPC), may be formed within 30 days of issuance of the LOA under intimation to DMRC and the SPC shall enter into Lease Agreement with DMRC for implementation of the project. The bidder shall be required to maintain 100% of equity of the SPC throughout the subsistence of the Lease Agreement.
- A Bidder should have a minimum net worth INR 96,20,000/- (Rupees Ninety Six Lakhs Twenty Thousand only) during the last audited financial year (2022- 2023).
- In Case of JV/Consortium – Net worth will be based on the percentage participation of each Member.
- The minimum average annual turnover of a Bidder should be INR 96,20,000/- (Rupees Ninety Six Lakhs Twenty Thousand only) for the preceding three financial years as per the audited balance sheets of the Bidders starting from the financial year 2022-2023. The average annual turnover of JV/Consortium will be based on percentage participation of each member.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC