Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has floated open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Plan, construct, develop & operate Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo by extension of hot axle siding towards New Dadri end of New Dabla station on DFCCIL/Railway Land” Under Schedule-‘2’ of GCT Policy of Indian Railways.
- Tender Reference Number: HQ-OPBD0BD(GFTD)/2/2023
- Name of Work: Plan, construct, develop & operate Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo by extension of hot axle siding towards New Dadri end of New Dabla station on DFCCIL/Railway Land” Under Schedule-‘2’ of GCT Policy of Indian Railways.
- EMD: INR 1,31,00,000/-
- Completion Period: 15 Years from the date of issue of LOA (including the period of construction and extension period)
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 21st Sep, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 25th Oct, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 04th Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 21st Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 25th Oct, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 25th Oct, 2023
Scope of Work:
In 2006, Government of India (GOI) established the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) under the Companies Act of 1956, as a Special Purpose Vehicle, wholly owned by the Ministry of Railways (MOR), with mandate to build and operate Dedicated Freight Corridors (Eastern and Western Corridors).
The DFC will offer upgraded freight services by running higher axle load freight trains with speed up to 100 kmph on an efficient system. The DFCs will provide a quantum jump in rail transport capacity in line with the rapidly growing demand and help increase the Railway’s modal share of Freight traffic.
Objective of the tender:
- To increase freight business volumes and rail modal share in freight transport.
- Augmenting terminal capacity through private participation by allowing setting up and operation of freight terminal facilities.
- Development, upkeep and maintenance of freight terminal facilities such as circulating area, approach roads, lighting/illumination of platforms, warehouses/Godowns, loading/unloading etc.
Scope of work is as following:
- Building work (Covered area 20 x 09m = 180 sq mt) (RCC Framed structure 20 x 9 mtr having provision for Goods office, Merchant Room, Room for Labour & Toilet in each room) (Rate as per CPWD plinth area @ Rs. 27,090 per sq mt)
- RCC Drain (0.6 mtr x 0.6 mtr x 1000 mtr): (Approx. 1000 mtr length at the edge of Road)
- Platform (720 mtr x 25 mtr = 18000 sq mt): (Platform of 300 mm GSB thick over & earth fill of 1700 mm depth)
- CC Road of 7.5 mtr wide & approx. 720 mtr Length (within ROW)
- Stone masonry around the platform (providing a retaining wall): 720 m + 25 m + 25 m = 770 mtr
- One (1) nos. Electronic In-motion Weighbridge (EIMWB) (supply, installation and commissioning): (In accordance with RDSO specification WD-29-MISC-19 or latest alongwith PC, UPS with peripherals)
- Provision of High mast lights 07 nos. @ 100 m centre to centre distance, cables and other accessories, power supply arrangement, internal wiring & fan, lights arrangement for building area, streetlight for approach area
- Track work (Construction of 660 mtr Track including subgrade & Blanketing) – extension of hot axle siding towards New Dadri end
- Widening of approach road at Rewari End within RoW (Existing Road of 3.5 mtr to be widened to 7.5 mtr)
- The schematic map of the New Dabla station and proposed Gati-Shakti Multimodal Cargo Terminal is attached at Annexure-II showing the area to be leased and infrastructure to be developed by GCTO. The minimum dimensions are specified for Platform/wharf, buildings/rooms/offices, road etc.
- The entire hatched portion will be leased to GCT. GCTO shall be permitted to access the internal DFCCIL road within ROW, subject to it not creating any obstruction/hindrance to DFCCIL/other users. DFCCIL shall continue to have the Right of Way.
- Project Cost estimate summary and cost estimate, specifications and standard drawings are at Annexure-III and III A respectively.
- The bidders are advised to undertake their independent estimation of cost as per the works listed and bid accordingly.
- Above is the minimum required infrastructure. GCTO may construct additional facilities in compliance with the provisions of GCT policy of Indian Railway 2022.
Time frame for completion of work:
The successful bidder shall commence construction within 03 (three) Months from the approval of ESP i.e. grant of approval of construction. The work is to be completed within 18 months from the date of approval of ESP. The Construction period and its extension/s will be included in the allotment period of 15 years of the GCT contract. This may be read with para 6 below.
Extension of Timeline:
If the GCTO fails to adhere to the prescribed timelines, one extension may be granted with the approval of GGM/OP&BD, up to a maximum of three months, considering the merits of the case.
Under exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the GCTO, GGM/OP&BD may grant a further extension of up to six months.
If the bidder fails to complete the construction even after the lapse of such extensions (as above), the Agreement shall be terminated, and Performance Guarantee shall be forfeited.
At the time of cancellation of the Agreement, the DFCCIL/Railway land shall revert to DFCCIL.
Applicant shall have at least two years ‘experience in manufacturing or transportation, or logistics and related business. In the case of JV, the experience of any JV member will be counted.
Revenue from eligible sectors should be at least 35% of estimated cost of project, for any two financial years during the last five years prior to the date of issue of Notice Inviting Tender, either from single or multiple works.
Net worth of the applicant shall be at least fifty percent (50%) of the estimated cost of the project as in Annexure – III (as per the minimum infrastructural facilities determined by the DFCCIL).
The technical eligibility for the work as per para 3 of Section-III above, shall be as following:
- At least one member of JV shall have at least two years’ experience in manufacturing, transportation, or logistics and related business.
- The net worth of the lead partner of the JV shall not be less than 51% of the total net worth eligibility criteria of the tender mentioned at para 3.4 of Section-III above. The arithmetic sum of individual “net worth” of all the members shall be taken as JV’s “net worth” to satisfy this requirement.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): South Central Railway