Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has floated open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Signalling and telecommunication maintenance, replacement/refixing works, supply of minor spares and hiring of manpower and maintenance vehicles, from DFCC Chainage Km 00 to 134 Km including link lines from IR Niyol to New Udhna Station and from New Sanjali to IR Panoli Station, Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) under DFCCIL Vadodara unit for two years.
- Tender Reference Number: DFC-BRC-STMC-2023-24-163
- Name of Work: Signalling and telecommunication maintenance, replacement/refixing works, supply of minor spares and hiring of manpower and maintenance vehicles, from DFCC Chainage Km 00 to 134 Km including link lines from IR Niyol to New Udhna Station and from New Sanjali to IR Panoli Station, Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) under DFCCIL Vadodara unit for two years.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 4,39,16,554.20/-
- EMD: INR 3,69,600/-
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 21st Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th Nov, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 20th Nov, 2023
To carry out the work on “as & when required basis” for Schedule items at Sr. no. 1 to 31, detailed in Section-6 “Schedule of Approximate Quantities & Rate” of this Tender document.
The work shall be executed at all S&T installations in 05 WDFC Stations, 06 Block Sections & 04 IR Connecting lines in a total stretch of approximately 134 Route Km + approx. 16 Route Km of Connectivity Line (New Udhna- IR Niyol and IR Panoli – New Sanjali) under the Jurisdiction of GM/Co/Vadodara as per requirement/instruction of DFCCIL Site-Incharge.
Tentative Locations where the work need to be executed on “as & when required basis” is available as follows:
|Sr. No.||Stations||Connectivity Lines|
|1||New Bhestan (Junction)||IR Bhestan – DFC New Bhestan Connectivity Line|
|2||New Udhna (Junction)||IR Niyol – DFC New Udhna Link Line|
New Gothangam (Junction & IMSD)
IR Gothangam- DFC New Gothangam Connectivity Line
|4||New Sanjali (Junction)||IR Panoli – DFC New Sanjali Link line|
|5||New Varediya (Crossing)||–|
Scope of Works:
The work shall be done as per instruction issued by DFCCIL site-incharge. DFCCIL’s SSOD (Standard Schedule of Dimensions) shall be followed to avoid any infringement during execution of work at the site.
- The Contractor shall ensure the safety of existing assets like cables, location box, signals etc. during the activities like trenching, cable laying etc. and if any of the existing cables gets damaged during the work, the repairing /replacement of the same shall be done by the Contractor at his own cost.
- The Contractor shall ensure to take all safety measures during the execution of the work. The Contractor shall arrange space for storage & inspection of the material at his own cost or may request DFCCIL to allot the space at any of the WDFC stations/IMD/IMSD given in para 5.2.3 above.
- The contractor shall arrange suitable means of transportation of manpower for immediate movement in case of any failure/emergency/incident etc. at their own cost. DFCCIL may / may not Suitable rental charges shall be levied on Contractor if DFCCIL provides storage space on Contractor’s request.
However, responsibility regarding safety & security of the stored material shall vest with the Contractor only. The allotment of land by DFCCIL shall be subjected to availability only. Equipment/material in the schedule where RDSO/IS specification has not been stipulated, shall be procured from manufacturers of repute / their authorised dealers/ approved source.
All the materials to be supplied by the Contractor need to be supplied at the nominated work sites as required and instructed by DFCCIL site-incharge. The loading, unloading and transportation of these materials to the site of work will have to be done by the Contractor at its own cost. The security of the material brought to the site of work will remain with the Contractor till the material taken over are duly erected and accepted by the DFCCIL.
All the material and workmanship to be used in this work shall be of extremely good quality, reputed make and shall have appropriate class in every respect and is expected to give trouble free service. DFCCIL shall have full power to reject any material that it may consider to be defective or inferior in quality, workmanship or otherwise not in accordance with the Specification and the DFCCIL’s decision shall be final, even though they might have been inspected by RDSO/RITES or any other firm. The Contractor shall remove forthwith any such material rejected and replace them promptly at his own cost.
Approved Design/Drawings shall be made available to the successful tenderer on request, to identify the location of existing S&T cables and other equipment, wherever required, during the execution of work like trenching/laying/connection of Power Cables and earthing etc. at the site as per requirement, so as to ensure that no damage is done to existing healthy cables and other S&T gears/equipment. DFC representatives shall assist the successful tenderer to interpret the drawings and specifications.
After the issue of the Latter of Acceptance, the successful tenderer shall inform the concerned JPM/APMs/Dy.PMs (S&T) of DFCCIL as per their respective jurisdiction, prior to starting any execution of work at any location.
Before carrying out the digging, trenching or any other earth related works, the Contractor shall ensure to locate & safeguard the known and unknown underground utilities by using a pre-approved scanning Equipment. The Equipment to be used for scanning shall be approved from DFCCIL.
Inspection of material, filling of the measurement book issued by DFCCIL shall be the responsibility of S&T Executive/Sr. Executive nominated by the Concerned officers, which further has to be certified by the concerned JPM/APM/Dy.PM of S&T department.
- Attention to Point Machine and Ground Connection for cleaning, oiling, tightening of nuts & bolts and maintenance under supervision of DFCCIL Staff.
- Attention to level crossing booms for correcting alignment. Repair & replacement.
- Attention to location boxes for alignment, repair & strengthening.
- Attention to Wheel sensor and deflectors for tightening, alignment etc.
- Attention to axle counter Mushroom boxes for cleaning, alignment etc.
- Attention to Signals/Shunt Signals for cleaning, repair, alignment etc.
- Checking safety adjustments/compliances/validations of all signalling gears.
- Attending failure of Signal gears in station yard and Block Section.
- Attending Telecommunication failure in TER/SER/ALH/TH.
- Attention to loose connection of OFC patch card, LAN cable, Telephone cables and their rectification etc.
- Staff will be utilised in attending S&T failure at night also.
- Restoration works at the time of accident / derailment / Emergencies.
- Prompt attendance of breakdown/ equipment failures as per instructions of DFCCIL Staff. Attention to SMPS/UPS including battery, LAN network, Telephone lines, Data network equipment along with NMS, VHF sets etc.
- Any other associated work assigned by DFCCIL Site- Incharge.
Semi Skilled Manpower:
- General Cleaning of Signal units, Location Boxes, Mushroom boxes, Point Machines, VHF equipment, Telecom equipment, and installations at all SCADA, GSM-R, LC Gate and IMD/IMSD locations.
- Cleaning/Dusting in SER, ALHs, THs and other S&T rooms.
- Attention to earthing pits and earthling at service buildings (Station/ALH/RH/ LC Gates/ GSM-R /IMD/IMSD etc).
- Attention to earthing of location boxes and signals.
- Visual Inspections and checking of loose connections.
- Measurement of basic voltage / current levels.
- Observing the diagnostic indications in cards.
- Cleaning of ALH/TH/Stations Telecom rooms and equipment including Air Conditioner.
- Cleaning / Maintenance of IPS Signalling / Telecom batteries at Stations SER/TER/ALH/TH, GSM-R, SCADA locations.
- Transportation of Signalling/Telecom material/equipment/Cables from IMD/IMSD to Site.
- Loading, Unloading & Handling of materials.
- Restoration works at times of accident/ derailment / emergencies. Prompt Attending of Breakdown/ equipment failures as per instructions of DFCCIL Staff.
- Any other associated work assigned by DFCCIL Site- Incharge.
Unskilled Manpower (Multi-Tasking Staff/Helper):
- Regular cleaning of equipment, installed at stations, ALH, TH etc.
- Cleaning/Dusting of various Racks in SER, TER, ALHs & THs.
- Transportation of Signal/Telecom material/ equipment/ Cables from IMD/IMSD/Warehouse to Site.
- Up keeping of stores and associated loading, unloading and handling of material.
- Staff will be utilised in attending S&T failure at night.
- Helping in various kinds of works at site, office etc.
- Minor/Trenching/ digging associated with attending faults/restoration of faults/cable faults etc.
- Restoration works at the time of accident/ derailment / emergency.
- Prompt attendance of breakdown/equipment failures as per instructions of DFCCIL Staff.
- Any other associated work assigned by DFCCIL Site-Incharge.
Technical Eligibility Criteria:
The tenderer must have successfully or substantially* completed any of the following during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works, each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works, each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work, each costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender
The similar nature of work is defined as “To carry out the work related to Repairing/Refixing/ Replacement/ Construction/ Maintenance of Signalling & Telecommunications assets in Indian Railways or in Railway PSUs like RVNL, IRCON, RITES, DFCCIL etc. or Metro Railway”
Substantially Completed Work means an ongoing work in which payment equal to or more than 90% of the present contract value (excluding the payment made for adjustment of Price variation (PVC), if any) has been made to the contractor in that ongoing contract and no proceedings of termination of contract on Contractor’s default has been initiated. The credential certificate in this regard should have been issued not prior to 60 days of date of invitation of present tender.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL