Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Construction, development & operation of Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo at Line No. 1A of New Gulaothi Station entirely/partially on DFCCIL/Railway Land.
- Tender Reference Number: HQ-OPBD0BD(GFTD)/3/2023
- Name of Work: Construction, development & operation of Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo at Line No. 1A of New Gulaothi Station entirely/partially on DFCCIL/Railway Land.
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 07th July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 09th August, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 19th July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 07th July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 09th August, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 09th August, 2023
- In 2006, Government of India (GOI) established the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) under the Companies Act of 1956, as a Special Purpose Vehicle, wholly owned by the Ministry of Railways (MOR), with mandate to build and operate Dedicated Freight Corridors (Eastern and Western Corridors).
- The DFC will offer upgraded freight services by running higher axle load freight trains with speed up to 100 kmph on an efficient system.
- The DFCs will provide a quantum jump in rail transport capacity in line with the rapidly growing demand and help increase the Railway’s modal share of Freight traffic.
Objective of the tender:
- To increase freight business volumes and rail modal share in freight transport.
- Augmenting terminal capacity through private participation by allowing setting up and operation of freight terminal facilities.
- Development, upkeep and maintenance of freight terminal facilities such as circulating area, approach roads, lighting/illumination of platforms, warehouses/Godowns, loading/unloading etc.
Scope of Work:
- Building work (Covered area 20 x 09 mtr = 180 sq mtr) (RCC Framed structure 20 x 9 mtr having provision for Goods office with provision of FOIS, TMS and IT infrastructure, Merchant Room, Room for Labour & Toilet in each room).
- RCC Drain (0.6 mtr x 0.6 mtr x approx. 1200 mtr) (Approx 1.2 km length at the edge of Road).
- Platform [338 mtr x 16 mtr + 390 mtr x 30 mtr = 17108 sq mtr].
- CC Road of eight (08) mtr wide & approx. 762 mtr Length
- Stone masonry around the platform (providing a retaining wall): 728 m + 30 m +30 m = 788 mtr.
- 1 (one) number Electronic In-motion Weighbridge (EIMWB) (supply, installation and commissioning) at loop line no. 1A (In accordance with RDSO specification WD-29-MISC-19 or latest along with PC, UPS with peripherals).
- Electrical works including provision of High mast lights 07 nos., cables and other accessories, power supply arrangement, internal wiring & fan, lights arrangement for building area, streetlight for approach area.
- Extension of Bridge No-120 (Barrel length 19 m).
- S&T works.
- The schematic map of the New Gulaothi station and proposed Gati-Shakti Multimodal Cargo Terminal is attached at Annexure-II showing the area to be leased and infrastructure to be developed by GCTO. The minimum dimensions are specified for Platform/wharf, buildings/rooms/offices, road etc.
- The entire hatched portion will be leased to GCT. It includes the wharf area “A”, additional land towards New Khurja marked “B” and internal approach road of about 762 * 8 mtr approx. (Total area= approximately 47656 sq mtr).
- The area marked “B” in Annexure-II (concept plan) shall be made available to GCTO 30 days after completion of road connectivity work to this patch of DFCCIL; in which time the land licence agreement may be signed by GCTO with IR.
- Land licence fee shall be applicable from the day the area is made available for use of GCTO with said road connectivity.
- The access road within DFCCIL’s ROW shall remain open for use by DFCCIL at all times. DFCCIL shall continue to have the Right of Way.
- Project Cost estimate summary and cost estimate, specifications and standard drawings are at Annexure-III and III A respectively.
- The bidders are advised to undertake their independent estimation of cost as per the works listed and bid accordingly.
- Above is the minimum required infrastructure. GCTO may construct additional facilities in compliance with the provisions of GCT policy of Indian Railway 2022.
Time frame for completion of work:
- The successful bidder shall commence construction within 03 (three) Months from the date of issue of the “Letter of Allotment”. The work is to be completed within 18 months from the date of issue of “Letter of Allotment”.
- The Construction period and its extension/s will be included in the allotment period of 15 years of the GCT contract.
- Applicant shall have at least two years ‘experience in manufacturing or transportation, or logistics and related business. In the case of JV, the experience of any JV member will be counted.
- Revenue from eligible sectors should be at least 35% of estimated cost of project, for any two financial years during the last five years prior to the date of issue of Notice Inviting Tender, either from single or multiple works.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- The technical eligibility for the work as per para 3 of Section-III above, shall be as following:
- At least one member of JV shall have at least two years’ experience in manufacturing, transportation, or logistics and related business.
- The net worth of the lead partner of the JV shall not be less than 51% of the total net worth eligibility criteria of the tender mentioned at para 3.4 of Section-III above.
- The arithmetic sum of individual “net worth” of all the members shall be taken as JV’s “net worth” to satisfy this requirement.
- In case one or more members of the JV is/are companies, the following documents shall be submitted:
- A copy of resolutions of the Directors of the Company, permitting the company to enter into a JV agreement,
- The copies of MOA (Memorandum of Association)/AOA (Articles of Association) of the company
- A copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of Authorization/copy of Power of Attorney issued by the Company (backed by the resolution of Board of Directors) in favour of the individual to sign the tender, sign MOU/JV Agreement on behalf of the company and create liability against the company.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR