Share with your network
Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Construction, development & operation of Gati Shakti Multi-modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo at Line No. 1A of New Bhaupur Station entirely/partially on DFCCIL/Railway Land.
- Tender Reference Number: HQ-OPBD0BD(DT)/6/2022
- Name of Work: Construction, development & operation of Gati Shakti Multi-modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo at Line No. 1A of New Bhaupur Station entirely/partially on DFCCIL/Railway Land.
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 03rd March, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th March, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 09th March, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03rd March, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th March, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 27th March, 2023
Scope of Work:
- In 2006, Government of India (GOI) established the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) under the Companies Act of 1956, as a Special Purpose Vehicle, wholly owned by the Ministry of Railways (MOR), with mandate to build and operate Dedicated Freight Corridors (Eastern and Western Corridors).
- The DFC will offer upgraded freight services by running higher axle load freight trains with speed upto 100 kmph on an efficient system.
- The DFCs will provide a quantum jump in rail transport capacity in line with the rapidly growing demand and help increase the Railway’s modal share of Freight traffic.
Objective of the tender:
- To increase freight business volumes and rail modal share in freight transport.
- Augmenting terminal capacity through private participation by allowing setting up and operation of freight terminal facilities.
- Development, upkeep and maintenance of freight terminal facilities such as circulating area, approach roads, lighting/illumination of platforms, warehouses/Godowns, loading/unloading etc.
Work is as following:
- Building work (Covered area 20 x 09 mtr = 180 sq mt) (RCC Framed structure 20 x 9 mtr having provision for Goods office with provision of FOIS, TMS and IT infrastructure, Merchant Room, Room for Labour & Toilet in each room)
- RCC Drain (0.6 mtr x 0.6 mtr x 1000 mtr) (1 km length at the edge of Road connecting to existing drain near staff quarters towards station building)
- Platform (750 mtr x 33.4 mtr = 25050 sq mt) (Platform of 300 mm GSB thick over & earth fill of 1750 mm depth)
- CC Road of 8.0 mtr wide & 1313 mtr Length
- Stone masonry around the platform (providing a retaining wall): 750+33.4+33.4=816.8 mtr
- 1 (one) number Electronic In-motion Weighbridge (EIMWB) (supply, installation and commissioning) at common loop line no.3 (In accordance with RDSO specification WD-29-MISC-19 or latest along with PC, UPS with peripherals)
- Provision of High mast lights (in the wharf area) 07 nos. @ 100 mtr centre to centre distance, cables and other accessories, power supply arrangement, internal wiring & fan, lights arrangement for building area, street light for approach area
- Utility shifting (OHE) as per requirement at location
- In addition, Protective wall/ shield of 10 mtrs height between the wharf area & staff quarters (if required) and as decided by DFCCIL
- The schematic map of the New Bhaupur station and proposed Gati-Shakti Multimodal Cargo Terminal is attached at Annexure-II showing the area to be leased and infrastructure to be developed by GCTO. The minimum dimensions are specified for Platform/wharf, buildings/rooms/offices, road etc.
- Project Cost estimate summary and Standard cost estimate, specifications and standard cross sectional drawings are at Annexure-III and III A respectively.
- The bidders are advised to undertake their independent estimation of cost as per the works listed and bid accordingly.
- Above is the minimum required infrastructure. GCTO may construct additional facilities in compliance with the provisions of GCT policy of Indian Railway 2022.
Time frame for completion of work:
- The successful bidder shall commence construction within 03 (three) Months from the date of issue of the “Letter of Allotment”.
- The work is to be completed within 18 months from the date of issue of “Letter of Allotment”.
- The Construction period and its extension/s will be included in the allotment period of 15 years of the GCT contract.
Extension of Timeline:
- If the GCTO fails to adhere to the prescribed timelines, one extension may be granted with the approval of GGM/OP&BD-I, up to a maximum of three months, considering the merits of the case.
- Under exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the GCTO, GGM/OP&BD-I may grant a further extension of up to six months.
- If the bidder fails to complete the construction even after the lapse of such extensions (as above), the Agreement shall be terminated, and Performance Guarantee shall be forfeited.
- At the time of cancellation of the Agreement, the DFCCIL/Railway land shall revert to DFCCIL.
- The technical eligibility for the work as per para 3 of Section-III above, shall be satisfied by either the ‘JV in its own name & style’ or ‘any member having min 26% share’.
- At least one member of JV shall have at least two years’ experience in manufacturing, transportation, or logistics and related business.
- The net worth of the lead partner of the JV shall not be less than 51% of the total net worth eligibility criteria of the tender mentioned at para 3.4 of Section-III above.
- The arithmetic sum of individual “net worth” of all the members shall be taken as JV’s “net worth” to satisfy this requirement.
Participation of Partnership Firms:
- The Partnership Firms participating in the tender should be legally valid under the provisions of the Indian Partnership Act.
- The partnership firm should have been in existence or should have been formed prior to submission of tender. Partnership firms should have either been registered with the Registrar or the partnership deed should have been notarized prior to the date of tender opening as per the Indian Partnership Act.
- Separate identity / name should be given to the partnership firm. The partnership firm should have PAN / TAN number in its own name and PAN / TAN number in the name of any of the constituent partners shall not be considered. The valid constituents of the firm shall be called partners.
- Once the tender has been submitted, the constitution of the firm shall not normally be allowed to be modified / altered / terminated during the validity of the tender as well as the currency of the contract except when modification becomes inevitable due to succession laws etc., in which case prior permission should be taken from DFCCIL and in any case the essential eligibility criteria should not get vitiated.
- The re-constitution of a firm in such cases should be followed by a notary certified Supplementary Deed. The approval for change of constitution of the firm, in any case, shall be at the sole discretion of the DFCCIL and the bidder shall have no claims what-so-ever.
- Any change in the constitution of Partnership firms after opening of tender shall be with the consent of all partners and with the signatures of all partners as that in the Partnership Deed.
- Failure to observe this requirement shall render the offer invalid and full EMD shall be forfeited. If any Partner/s withdraws from the firm after opening of the tender and before the award of the contract, the offer shall be rejected and EMD of the bidder will be forfeited.
- If any new partner joins the firm after opening of tender but prior to award of contract, its credentials shall not qualify for consideration towards eligibility criteria either individually or in proportion to its share in the previous firm.
- In case the bidder fails to inform DFCCIL beforehand about any such changes / modification in the constitution which is inevitable due to succession laws etc. and the contract is awarded to such a firm, then it will be considered a breach of the contract conditions and the contract may be terminated by DFCCIL.
The Tender document can be downloaded from IREPS website www.ireps.gov.in and DFCCIL’s website www.dfccil.com
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Be the first to comment