Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has floated open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Construction of RUB (size 6 x 3 m) in lieu of LC no. 68 at IR chainage 149/22-24 between Sanjan – Bhilad stations of Vaitarna-Surat section of Mumbai Division of Western Railway, by box segmental method and cast in situ method.
- Tender Reference Number: MUM/N/EN/RUB at LC No.68
- Name of Work: Construction of RUB (size 6 x 3 m) in lieu of LC no. 68 at IR chainage 149/22-24 between Sanjan – Bhilad stations of Vaitarna-Surat section of Mumbai Division of Western Railway, by box segmental method and cast in situ method.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 5,15,90,197.20/-
- EMD: INR 10,31,900/-
- Completion Period: 07 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 21st Oct, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 22nd Nov, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 31st Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 21st Oct, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 22nd Nov, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 22nd Nov, 2023
Scope of Works:
Level Crossings (LC’s) are generally unsafe locations and also a congestion point for road/rail’s users. These LC’s are operational bottlenecks for Railways / DFCCIL in terms of loss in punctuality and reduction in line capacity. Construction of ROB(s)/ RUB(s) is financially and operationally beneficial apart from the fact that it improves the safety of Rail/ Road users.
Road over Bridges (ROB) are being constructed on the level crossings falling on Western Corridor of DFCCIL. These ROBs shall span over the existing railway lines, the proposed DFCC lines and on approaches.
The work of Construction of RUB (size 6 x 3 )in lieu of LC no. 68 at IR chainage 149/22-24 between Sanjan – Bhilad stations of Vaitarna-Surat section of Mumbai Division of Western Railway: By Box Segmental Method and Cast in Situ Method.
The ROBs shall be constructed in Railway and DFCCIL portion with composite girders/ Bow string girders/ Through girders based on Railway GADs and design, and on approach portion, RE wall, RCC girders/ PSC girders etc. based on State Government GADs and design drawings provided by the DFCCIL.
Designs, and suitably designed RCC abutments, piers and foundations including staircases and other allied components. Depth of type of foundation shall be decided/ designed based on detailed geotechnical investigation at ROBs sites.
Before execution or during execution, if there is a modification/correction in approved GADs of Railways/State Government, the Agency has to execute the work as per modified/corrected GADs, for which Contractor shall not be entitled to any extra payment or claims.
Works to be Executed:
- Construction of RCC abutments and piers, for Composite girders RCC/PSC girder as per IRC loading, including pile foundations/ open foundation as per GAD/Design.
- Fabrication of composite plate girders/ Bow string girders /Open Web girders (skew up to 45 degree) of around 18m, 22m, 24m, 30m, 36m, 48m and 62m etc. clear span including erection with traffic power block as per GAD.
- Construction of Approximate 12m/20m wide RCC deck slab on plate girders (composite) RCC/PSC girder and 7.5m/ 15m etc. width on approaches as per approved GADs.
- Providing and fixing in position standard fixed type POT bearing, free sliding type POT cum PTFE bearings/Elastomeric bearings as per approved drawing.
- Providing and laying cement concrete wearing coats, drainage spouts, footpaths, road markings, etc.
- Providing and fixing RCC crash barrier and RCC railing (As per MORTH design) and electric lighting poles.
- Providing and fixing in position single strip seal elastomeric type expansion joints.
- Construction of Inspection platform, railing, ladders, etc.
- Construction of RCC/Steel staircases, providing and fixing of protection screens.
- Construction of approaches which includes construction of RE wall, RCC slab, piers, crash barrier, earthwork in bank, providing bituminous road & all works related to constructing approaches complete.
- Other miscellaneous works for commissioning Railway/ DFCCIL portion and approach portion of work.
- The scope of work is only indicative and as per requirement, more ROBs, FOBs, Bridges, earthwork may be added in the scope of work or location may change. The span arrangement of the bridges/viaduct is also indicative.
Works are to be executed in the jurisdiction of Mumbai Division of Western Railway with approaches of ROBs in State Government of Maharashtra land. However, DFCCIL reserves right to change the site of work anywhere in adjacent/adjoining area of the work defined in Para 1.3.1 (iii) above in the jurisdiction of CGM/Mumbai/North/DFCCIL and the contractor shall be bound to execute the work without any extra cost.
The tenderer /JV firm or Lead Member of JV firm must have satisfactorily completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
Similar Nature of Work for this Tender is defined as:
- Any bridge work on Railway mainline, or
- Any bridge work involving box pushing technique on the Railway mainline.
- It is clarified that the Technical Eligibility Criterion mentioned above is a composite component for fulfilment of criteria by a JV firm. Refer Clause 65.15.1 of Chapter IV Part I of this Tender document.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Central Railway