Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Plan, construct, develop & operate Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo by extension of ballast siding towards JNPT end of New Saradhana Station on DFCCIL/Railway Land, Under Schedule-‘2’ of GCT Policy of Indian Railways.
- Tender Reference Number: HQ-OPBD0BD(GFTD)/5/2023
- Name of Work: Plan, construct, develop & operate Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal (GCT) for handling cargo by extension of ballast siding towards JNPT end of New Saradhana Station on DFCCIL/Railway Land, Under Schedule-‘2’ of GCT Policy of Indian Railways.
- EMD: INR 70 Lakh
- Period of Contract: 15 Years (including construction and extension period)
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 14th July, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 17th August, 2023
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 21st July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14th July, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 17th August, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 17th August, 2023
- In 2006, Government of India (GOI) established the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) under the Companies Act of 1956, as a Special Purpose Vehicle, wholly owned by the Ministry of Railways (MOR), with mandate to build and operate Dedicated Freight Corridors (Eastern and Western Corridors).
- The DFC will offer upgraded freight services by running higher axle load freight trains with speed up to 100 kmph on an efficient system.
- The DFCs will provide a quantum jump in rail transport capacity in line with the rapidly growing demand and help increase the Railway’s modal share of Freight traffic.
Objective of the tender:
- To increase freight business volumes and rail modal share in freight transport.
- Augmenting terminal capacity through private participation by allowing setting up and operation of freight terminal facilities.
- Development, upkeep and maintenance of freight terminal facilities such as circulating area, approach roads, lighting/illumination of platforms, warehouses/Godowns, loading/unloading etc.
Scope of Work:
- Civil works
- Office building
- Laying new track of 731 metres CSR
- RUB extension towards the GCT
- Electrical works: OHE and General Electrical Work (lighting)
- 1(one) number Electronic In-motion Weighbridge (EIMWB) (supply, installation and commissioning) at loop line no. 1A (In accordance with RDSO specification WD-29-MISC-19 or latest along with PC, UPS with peripherals)
- Signalling & Telecom works.
- The schematic map of the New Saradhana station and proposed Gati-Shakti Multimodal Cargo Terminal is attached at Annexure-II showing the area to be leased and infrastructure to be developed by GCTO. The minimum dimensions are specified for buildings/rooms/offices etc.
- The area to be leased to GCTO is the wharf/platform area; i.e. approx. 17500 sq mtr.
- GCTO shall be permitted to access the internal DFCCIL road within ROW, subject to it not creating any obstruction/hindrance to DFCCIL/other users. DFCCIL shall continue to have the Right of Way.
- Project Cost estimate summary and cost estimate, specifications and standard drawings are at Annexure-III and III A respectively.
- The bidders are advised to undertake their independent estimation of cost as per the works listed and bid accordingly.
- Above is the minimum required infrastructure. GCTO may construct additional facilities in compliance with the provisions of GCT policy of Indian Railway 2022.
Time frame for completion of work:
- The successful bidder shall commence construction within 03 (three) Months from the date of issue of the “Letter of Allotment”. The work is to be completed within 18 months from the date of issue of “Letter of Allotment”. The Construction period and its extension/s will be included in the allotment period of 15 years of the GCT contract. This may be read with para 6 below.
Extension of Timeline:
- If the GCTO fails to adhere to the prescribed timelines, one extension may be granted with the approval of GGM/OP&BD, up to a maximum of three months, considering the merits of the case.
- Under exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the GCTO, GGM/OP&BD may grant a further extension of up to six months.
- If the bidder fails to complete the construction even after the lapse of such extensions (as above), the Agreement shall be terminated, and Performance Guarantee shall be forfeited.
- At the time of cancellation of the Agreement, the DFCCIL/Railway land shall revert to DFCCIL.
- Applicant shall have at least two years ‘experience in manufacturing or transportation, or logistics and related business. In the case of JV, the experience of any JV member will be counted.
- Revenue from eligible sectors should be at least 35% of estimated cost of project, for any two financial years during the last five years prior to the date of issue of Notice Inviting Tender, either from single or multiple works.
- The technical eligibility for the work as per para 3 of Section-III above, shall be as following:
- At least one member of JV shall have at least two years’ experience in manufacturing, transportation, or logistics and related business.
- The net worth of the lead partner of the JV shall not be less than 51% of the total net worth eligibility criteria of the tender mentioned at para 3.4 of Section-III above.
- The arithmetic sum of individual “net worth” of all the members shall be taken as JV’s “net worth” to satisfy this requirement.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR