Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Maintenance of general power supply (E&M) for station buildings-New Varediya Station, New Sanjali Station, New Gothangam Station & New Udhana Station and DFCC office area at Vadodara, IMSD, service buildings, staff quarters, any other buildings, electrical assets and other associated works between Makarpura to Bhestan under CGM Unit on contract basis for a period of 24 months.
- Tender Reference Number: DFC-BRC-EL-GN-MA / 502/151
- Name of Work: Maintenance of general power supply (E&M) for station buildings- New Varediya Station, New Sanjali Station, New Gothangam Station & New Udhana Station and DFCC office area at Vadodara, IMSD, service buildings, staff quarters, any other buildings, electrical assets and other associated works between Makarpura to Bhestan under CGM Unit on contract basis for a period of 24 months.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 1,28,96,586.27/-
- EMD: INR 2,14,500/-
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 25th Aug, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th Sep, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 25th Aug, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th Sep, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 27th Sep, 2023
- Dedicated Freight Corporation of India (DFCCIL) is a Public Sector Undertaking under the administrative control of Government of India (Ministry of Railways) for construction, maintenance and operation of the Dedicated Rail Freight Corridors.
- At present the company is undertaking construction of Eastern & Western corridors and has its corporate office at New Delhi and Field Units at various cities.
- The Ministry of Railways (MOR), Government of India has planned to construct Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) covering about 3338 route Kilometres on Eastern and Western Corridors.
- The coverage of the Eastern Corridor is from Ludhiana to Dankuni and Western Corridor is planned from Jawaharlal Nehru Port, Mumbai to Rewari /Tughlakabad/Dadri near Delhi. There will be a linkage between two corridors at Dadri.
Dedicated Freight Corridor:
- Eastern DFC Route will be approximately 1839 Km long from Dankuni to Ludhiana via Dankuni – Asansole – Dhanbad – Gaya – Sonnagar – Mughalsarai – Allahabad – Kanpur – Tundla – Aligarh – Khurja – Bulandshahr – Meerut – Saharanpur – Ambala – Ludhiana.
- Western DFC Route will be approximately 1520 Km long from Dadri to JNPT via Rewai – Iqbalgarh – Vadodara- JNPT.
- Proposed alignment of DFC has been generally kept parallel to existing Indian Railway lines except provision of detours at some stations where the existing yards/cities are congested. Level Crossings (LC’s) are generally unsafe locations and also a congestion point for road/rail’s users.
- These LCs are operational bottlenecks for Railways /DFCCIL in terms of loss in punctuality and reduction in line capacity. Construction of ROB(s)/ RUB(s) is financially and operationally beneficial apart from the fact that it improves the safety of Rail/Road users.
Scope of Work:
- The tender shall be governed by General Conditions of Contract (GCC), Preamble and General Instructions to Tenderers (ITT) and Special Conditions of Contract (SCC). Wherever, there is a conflict in any condition between GCC and Special Conditions of Contract mentioned in the tender documents, the condition mentioned in Special Conditions of Contract will prevail.
- However, the Engineer’s decision in this connection shall be final and binding. Tender document contains General Conditions of Contract and Special Conditions of Contract specific to this work and shall be applicable in the contract.
- The work shall be executed under supervision of authorised representatives of CGM/BRC. If required by DFCCIL any other station/Site may be included under Schedule of work and no additional charges shall be given for this.
- Quantities in schedule annexed to Contract- The quantities set out in the accepted schedule of rates with item of work quantified are the estimated quantities of the works and they shall not be taken as the actual and correct quantities of the works to be executed by the Contractor in fulfilment of his obligations under the contract.
- The actual/final quantity shall be executed as per approved design and drawing which is to be prepared by contractor if required. All the design calculations, if any, shall be done by the contractor before execution of work. The contractor shall be responsible for any wastage of material due to mistakes in design calculations.
- New item of work – If during execution of the work, the contractor is called upon to carry out any new item of work not included in the schedule of prices, the contractor shall execute such work at such prices as may be mutually agreed with the purchaser before commencement.
Recommended Maintenance Schedule for Transformer (630KVA, 500KVA. etc.):
- Monthly Inspection of Oil level in transformer (Check tightness of connections), All connections tightness and Dehydrating breather (Check that air passages are clear & check Colour of active agent).
- Quarterly Inspection of Bushing and Examine for cracks & dirt deposits.
- Half yearly Inspection of Non-Conservator transformer (Check for moisture under cover), Cable boxes, gasket joints, gauges and general paintwork (Inspect for leaks & cracks etc.).
- Yearly Inspection of Transformer oil (Check di-electric strength and water content, Check for acidity and sludge), Check values of Earth resistance & Relay, alarms and their circuits etc. (Examination relay and alarm contacts, their operation, fuses etc. Check relay accuracy.
- In addition to the above, also check Foundation of the transformer, Termination of HT/LT cable and visual inspection of transformer.
Technical Eligibility Criteria:
- The tenderer must have successfully completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
Definition of Similar nature of work:
- Satisfactory execution/Maintenance of any electrical work related to HT/LT installation at Station Buildings/Staff Quarters /Service Buildings etc.
- The tenderer (s) must be an established, experienced and reputed construction firm and have regularly undertaken works of the similar type tendered for and have adequate technical knowledge and practical experience in the field.
- In case of tenders for composite works (e.g. works involving more than one distinct component, such as Civil Engineering works, S&T works, Electrical works, OHE works etc. –and in the case of major bridges – substructure, superstructure etc.)
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR