The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has floated open e-tenders for the Construction of tower wagon shed at New Bhadan, New Tundla and New Bhaupur stations under the jurisdiction of CGM/Tundla a section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited.
- Tender Reference Number: TDL-EN-TWS-03
- Name of Work: Construction of tower wagon shed at New Bhadan, New Tundla and New Bhaupur stations under CGM/Tundla a section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 4,39,82,393/-
- EMD: INR 3,70,000/-
- Completion Period: 05 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20th Dec, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 10th Jan, 2024
- Bid Submission Start Date: 20th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 10th Jan, 2024
- Tender Opening Date: 10th Jan, 2024
Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd. (DFCCIL), a public sector undertaking established under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 for the implementation of Dedicated Freight Corridor Project. Government of India is the sole shareholder of the DFCCIL.
The Ministry of Railways (MOR), Government of India has planned to construct Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) covering about 3338 route Kilometres on Eastern and Western Corridors. The coverage of the Eastern Corridor is from Ludhiana to Dankuni and Western Corridors planned from Jawaharlal Nehru Port, Mumbai to Rewari/ Tughlakabad /Dadri near Delhi. There will be a linkage between two corridors at Dadri.
Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor:
Eastern DFC Route spans approximately 1839 Km from Dankuni to Ludhiana via Dankuni–Asansol–Dhanbad–Gaya–Sonnagar – MughalsaraiAllahabad – Kanpur – Tundla- Aligarh – Khurja – Bulandshahr – Meerut – Saharanpur–Ambala-Ludhiana. Proposed alignment of DFC has been generally kept parallel to existing Indian Railway lines except provision of detours at some stations where the existing yards/ cities are congested.
The New Bhaupur-New Khurja section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor has been dedicated to the nation by the Honourable Prime Minister of Government of India on 29th Dec-2020. Commercial operation of Goods Trains has been started in between The New Bhaupur-New Khurja section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor.
For smooth and safe running of Goods Train regular maintenance of tracks including yards, Civil buildings and major & minor bridges are essentially required as per protocol and standards. EDFC-1 is part of EDFC and starts from New Bhaupur CH: 518.087 to New Khurja CH: 849.140 of DFCCIL.
The section is approximately 350 km long and has 10 crossing/junction stations in between. The details of stations are as under. In addition to crossing/junction stations there are 10 Nos IMDs/IMSDs near station buildings and many other service buildings in block sections.
Scope of Works:
- Earthwork in Excavation and filling of excavated earth.
- Steel Work in grating, frames, guard bar, etc.
- RCC/CC work including Precast RCC work as per direction.
- Carriage of materials as per specification.
- Road (CC/Bitumen) repairing work.
- Painting Related work as per specification.
- Boulder Pitching related work.
- GS sheet roofing work
- Electric supply and installation work.
The construction works designated for execution at New Bhadan, New Tundla and New Bhaupur stations of EDFC-1 of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor,are under the jurisdiction of Chief General Manager/Tundla/DFCCIL. However, DFCCIL reserves the right to change the site & length of work anywhere in the adjacent/adjoining area of the work defined in the jurisdiction and the contractor shall be bound to execute the work without any extra cost.
Warranty/Defect Liability Period:
The Contractor shall warranty that all the work executed under this contract shall be free from all defects and faults in material, workmanship and shall be of acceptable standards / specifications for the contracted work and in full conformity with the technical specifications, and other contract stipulations, for a period of 6 months or one monsoon period whichever is later from the date of receipt and taking over by the Employer/ Engineer at site.
- During the period of warranty the Contractor shall keep available an experienced engineer / manpower to attend to any defect. This engineer shall not attend to rectification of defects which arise out of normal wear and tear and come within the purview of routine maintenance work.
- The contractor shall bear the cost of modifications, additions or substitutions that may be considered necessary due to faulty materials or workmanship. The final decision shall rest with the Engineer his successor(s)/Nominee.
- During the period of Warranty the Contractor shall be liable to rectify the work which may be found defective of his own expense arising from faulty materials, workmanship or negligence in any manner.
- If it becomes necessary for the Contractor to rectify or renew any defective portion/work until the expiration of DLP from the date of such rectification or until the end of the above mentioned period whichever is later.
Such extension shall not apply in case of defects of a minor nature, the decision of the Chief General Manager / General Manager or his successor/nominee being final in the matter. If any defect is not remedied within a reasonable time during the aforesaid period the Employer may proceed to do work at the Contractor’s risk and expense, but without prejudice to any other rights and remedies which the Employer may have against the Contractor in respect of such defects or faults.
- The repaired or renewal parts structure shall be delivered / supplied and erected / executed on site free of charge to the employer.
- Any materials, fittings, components or equipment / structure supplied under items for supplying / providing and fixing in schedule shall also be covered by the provisions of this paragraph.
- The liability of the Contractor under the guarantee will be limited to re-supply of components / structure installation and fittings.
The tenderer must have successfully completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
Similar work means “Any Civil Engineering work involving steel shed work and PCC or RCC Work”.
- Value of completed work done by a member in an earlier JV Firm shall be reckoned only to the extent of the concerned member’s share in that JV firm for the purpose of satisfying his / her compliance to the above-mentioned technical eligibility criteria in the tender under consideration.
- In case the tenderer/s is a partnership firm, the work experience shall be in the name of partnership firm only.
The Tender document can be downloaded from DFCCIL’s website https://dfccil.com/
This significant project reinforces DFCCIL’s commitment to the seamless operation of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor, contributing to the nation’s robust freight transportation infrastructure.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): North Eastern Railway
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.