Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Design, construction & modification of civil, structures and track works for double line railway involving formation in embankments/cuttings, ballast on formation, track works, bridges, structures etc. of EDFC-1 between New Ekdil and New Bhadan Station of EDFC.
- Tender Reference Number: TDL-EN-CURVE-102
- Name of Work: Design, construction & modification of civil, structures and track works for double line railway involving formation in embankments/cuttings, ballast on formation, track works, bridges, structures etc. of EDFC-1 between New Ekdil and New Bhadan Station of EDFC.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 25,96,52,103 Crore
- EMD: INR 14,48,300 Lakh
- Period of Contract: 04 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 28th June, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th July, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 13th June, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th July, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 27th July, 2023
Scope of Work:
- Providing, laying & linking of PSC sleepers for 60 kg rail BG track.
- Providing, Spreading & laying of ballast on formation in depth 300 mm in layers with consolidation.
- Providing, assembly & linking of SEJ and Turnouts as per specifications.
- Three round packing of track & turnouts.
- Making the track fit for 25 ton axle load & speed of 100 KMPH.
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) for SEJ, Turnouts, Line Sleepers and special sleepers for SEJ & Turnouts.
- Making any temporary work for the purpose or arranging any temporary land for the working or stacking of materials of contractor
- Other miscellaneous works
- Works are to be executed in between New Khurja & New Bhaupur stations of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor, under the jurisdiction of Chief General Manager / Tundla / DFCCIL.
- However, DFCCIL reserves the right to change the site & length of work anywhere in adjacent/adjoining areas of the work fined in the jurisdiction and the contractor shall be bound to execute the work without any extra cost.
- The track layout shall be based on the provisions contained in Indian Railways Permanent Way Manual, Track Manual & relevant IRS specifications with latest amendments/corrections up to the base date or any other alternative specification.
- The alignment as shown in drawings is to be considered and the Contractor is to acquaint and satisfy himself regarding the site conditions.
- The final track layouts, including horizontal and vertical alignment, station yard layout, LWR/CWR plans, etc. shall be agreed by the Engineer before execution of track works.
- Interlocking of switches will be done by the Systems Contractor. The Contractor shall do necessary interfacing with the Systems Contractor so that there is no delay/ holdup.
List of RDSO drawings is appended as below:
Description of drawing
Drawing No. and Location
Pre-stressed Concrete Sleeper for 25 Ton Axle Load for BG
Rail Seat Assembly on concrete sleeper with 60 kg UIC Rails
ERC MK V
10mm thick composite GRSP
Fish Plates and Fish bolts for UIC 60 kg rail
PSC sleeper for BG (1676mm), 60 kg (UIC) running rail & 60 kg guard rail on Bridge approaches
RT-8229 Bridge Approach
SEJ PSC Sleeper for 60kg
- The nominal DFC track gauge shall be 1676 mm measured at 14 mm below the top of the rail.
- Horizontal curves in the DFCC tracks shall be circular with transition curves at either end of such circular curves.
- The horizontal curve radius is measured on the track centre line between the two rails. The DFCC tracks will have concentric curves unless otherwise approved by the Engineer.
- Curves shall be for average running speed of 100 km/h with minimum limit of cant deficiency.
- The normal minimum horizontal curve radius will be 700m (2.5 degree) and in exceptional situations the curve radius may be reduced to 585m (3 degree), however such locations shall not adversely affect the train operations on DFCC alignment by way of imposition of constraints on average speed of the train over the section.
- On entry to the existing IR operating system curvature may be up to 438m (4 degree).
- The maximum actual can’t shall be limited to165mm.
- The maximum cant deficiency shall be 75mm and cant excess shall be 65mm.
- All curves on mainlines shall be provided with transition curves to the straight which shall take the form of a cubic parabola with the equation as y = x3 / 6RL.
- The minimum length of the transition shall be the maximum length obtained from the following equation:
- L 0.008*Ca*V
- Where, Ca & = Value of actual cant & cant deficiency respectively in mm V = Maximum permissible speed in km/h
- For the design of transition length, the value of Ca shall be calculated for speed of 100 km/h with Cd 0, and V shall be taken as 100km/h, where it is not practical to use 100km/h a reduced speed may be utilised with the approval of the Engineer.
- Transitions between reverse curves may adjoin each other if the rate of change of cant and the cant gradients are constant through both transitions.
- Horizontal curves and transition length shall be avoided at turnout portion locations.
- The tenderer must have successfully completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited;
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
- In case the tenderer/s is a partnership firm, the work experience shall be the name of the partnership firm only.
- Similar Work- “Any P-WAY Works on Main Line Railway.”
- Value of completed work done by a member in an earlier JV Firm shall be reckoned only to the extent of the concerned member‟s share in that JV firm for the purpose of satisfying his / her compliance to the above mentioned technical eligibility criteria in the tender under consideration.
- In case the tenderer/s is a partnership firm, the work experience shall be in the name of partnership firm only.
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR