East Coast Railway General Manager Shri Roop Narayan Sunkar inspected the ongoing construction work of the 16.31Kms long Sunakhani-Parbil Railway Section of Talcher-Bimalagarh Rail Line project and took stock of various infrastructural works.
- The Railway Minister in his last visit to Angul and Talcher area had given instructions to the officials to speed up the construction work in this new rail line.
- The much awaited Talcher-Bimlagarh railway project will strengthen rail connectivity in the mineral rich belts of this region and significantly reduce the distance between Rourkela and Talcher and boost economic growth.
- Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw also advised officials to take necessary action and to coordinate with other agencies to complete the long pending projects at the earliest. Around 79 km of the total length of the project falls in Angul District, 32km in Deogarh and 39km in Sundargarh District.
- Keeping in view the advise of Hon’ble Minister, ECoR is in constant touch with the state and district administration to expedite the land acquisition work and sorted-out other hindrances in Deogarh and Sundargarh districts, so that construction of this project from Bimlagarh side will be carried on, said the General Manager.
- Apart from this, Shri Sunkar had also window trailed from Mancheswar to Talcher/Sunakhani and took stock of safety aspects for convenient running of trains. The General Manager also instructed officials to execute the project work in an exemplary manner.
- ECoR Chief Administrative Officer (Construction) along with other senior officials from ECoR HQs along with Divisional Railway Manager of Khurda Road Shri Rinkesh Roy were cooperating General Managers during his inspection.
Source: East Coast Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR