Eastern Railway has achieved a milestone as it successfully commissioned the Multi Section Digital Axle Counter (MSDAC) integrated auto signalling system between the 5 km stretch of Sitarampur and Kulti of Asansol Division.
Eastern Railway with the significant advancement towards improving the Railway infrastructure with the state-of-the-art equipment, the 5 km stretch of track between Sitarampur & Kulti stations in Asansol Division has been commissioned with auto signalling integrated with MSDAC (Multi Section Digital Axle Counter).
Both Up & Down lines between Sitarampur & Kulti are now provided with a MSDAC system in which the efficiency of auto signals will be increased with reduced failure rate and reduced detention of trains at the signals.
Moreover, the monitoring of the auto signalling will be easier with the implementation of the new system. This will help in capacity augmentation for running more trains in this section.
Key features of the new installation are as follows:
- 4 Nos. of auto signals are replaced with new auto signals.
- 2 pairs of UFSBI (Universal Fail Safe Block Interface) have been commissioned.
- MSDAC commissioned with 16 direction panel
- 5 km of Optical Fibre Cable and 6 Quad Cable has also been replaced with new one.
- The integrated power supply (IPS) has been augmented to cater to the load of new installations.
This comprehensive upgrade is a testament to Eastern Railway commitment to modernise and enhance railway operations. The new installations promise increased safety, efficiency, and reliability for both passengers and freight transport.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit (representational): Eastern Railway