Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi, General Manager, Eastern Railway inspected at the Carriage and Wagon Workshop, Liluah to review performance and also to motivate officers & staff at different levels of the Workshop in achieving even better maintenance and throughput in different fields of activities.
- He inspected different shops & sections, various workshop related activities & amenities for the staff of the workshop. He also inspected the air-brake section, Periodic Overhauling (POH) section, C-Shop, K-Shop, New J-Shop, ladies only Air-Brake Section, LHB Coach Maintenance Unit, Wheel Shop etc.
- During his visit, Shri Dwivedi, General Manager inspected thoroughly the maintenance standard of coaches & wagons, throughput of different units and interacted with the workers at the workshop to obtain feedback from them regarding further improvement in work procedure and betterment of work environment for further improving the quality of output.
- Shri Dwivedi visited the Air Brake Equipment Overhauling Section, fully manned by lady employees. This section was established to boost up the empowerment of women at the workshop.
- This section gives full outturn and establishes the milestone for the ladies working at the Workshop for which the General Manager motivated the lady employees to maintain their performance level.
- Shri S. R. Ghosal, Additional General Manager and Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer / Eastern Railway and Shri Sumit Narula, Chief Workshop Manager / Liluah accompanied the General Manager / Eastern Railway during inspection and explained to the GM regarding working and achievements of Liluah Workshop.
- Later, Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi, General Manager/ Eastern Railway held a performance review meeting of Liluah Workshop and also visited the Liluah Workshop Hospital.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR