Eastern Railway has been taking multifarious initiatives on various facets towards reduction of carbon footprint and achieving a clean and green environment under the able and inspiring leadership of Shri Arun Arora, General Manager.
- As a part of that endeavour, Eastern Railway’s Malda Division installed Solar Power Plants at various Railway premises across its jurisdiction.
- 09 nos. of Solar powered Air Conditioner with capacity of 1.5 Ton provided at the Running rooms of Malda Town Station for the convenience of crews. Average Rs. 2 Lakhs will be saved per annum by installing these green Air Conditioners.
- 05 nos. of 10 KWp Solar Power plant (roof top) have been installed for on-Grid system provided at the roof of Jamalpur, Bhagalpur, Sahibganj, Jangipur Road station & PRS building at Malda.
- Average monthly generation from these solar plants will be around 4500 KWH and annual saving will be around Rs. 4.32 Lakhs.
- Moreover, one 10KWP Solar plant was installed at the roof of DRM building, Malda in 2016 which is generating 900KWH per month and saving average Rs. 85,000/- per annum.
- Solar water heaters with 2500 litres/day capacity have been provided at running rooms of Malda and Bhagalpur station for hot water replacing existing electric geysers.
- Similarly, a 500 LPD capacity solar water heater has been installed at the driver’s and guard’s running room at Jamalpur station.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR