The Uttarakhand Metro Rail Corporation (UKMRC) has invited online responses (Proposals) to this Expression of Interest cum Request for Qualification (“EOI cum RFQ”) to shortlist private entities to bid as ‘concessionaire’ for development of Personalised Rapid Transit (PRT) System in Haridwar city of Uttarakhand called “Haridwar Darshan” on PPP mode under Design, Built, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis. The technology of PRT proposed by Applicants must be already in passenger operation for minimum 1 year and on a minimum stretch of 1.5 Km.
- To begin with, UKMRC has invited Applications through this EOI cum RFQ for an open interactive participation of all Applicants to assess the interest in the project and to get constructive suggestions to be incorporated in RFP.
- It is envisaged that Applicants either individually or in Joint venture/Consortium having experience of business development of large infrastructure projects will emerge to meet the long-term objective of this project.
All the applicants that qualify the Technical & Financial criteria shall be allowed to submit their bids at the RFP stage.
- Tender reference No: UM-140/EOI cum RFQ PRT Haridwar/2020-21/01
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 29-Dec-2020
- Period Of Work (Days): 365
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 27-Nov-2020
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 11-Jan-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27-Nov-2020
- Bid Submission End Date: 11-Jan-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 11-Jan-2021
Proposed PRT Corridors:
|Sr.No||PRT Corridor||Length (km)|
|1||Sitapur –Bharat mata Temple||14.0|
|2||City Hospital –Daksha Temple||3.0|
|3||Ganeshpuram- DAV School||2.0|
|4||Valmiki Chowk –Laltaro Bridge||0.65|
The PRT corridors are mainly on the Major roads of the city and are planned to be elevated within the Right of way (ROW) on the central verge of the roads.
Instructions To Applicants:
Scope of Application:
The Authority invites the Applications for Expression of Interest cum Request for Qualification (EOI cum RFQ) in order to update the Request for Proposal document and short-list experienced and capable Applicants for the Bid Stage.
For determining the eligibility of Applicants for their pre-qualification hereunder, the following shall apply:
- The applicant for pre-qualification may be a single entity or a group of entities (“Joint Venture/Consortium”), coming together to implement the project. However, no applicant applying individually or member of consortium, as the case may be, can be member of another applicant. The term applicant used herein would apply to both, a single entity and a consortium.
- An Applicant may be a natural person, private entity, company either incorporated in India or outside India, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), Partnership firm, government-owned entity or any combination of them with a formal intent to enter into an agreement or under an existing agreement to form a Consortium. A Consortium shall be eligible for consideration subject to the conditions set out in Clause 2.2.6 below
- An Applicant shall not have a conflict of interest (the “Conflict of Interest”) that affects the Bidding Process. Any Applicant found to have a Conflict of Interest shall be disqualified. An Applicant shall be deemed to have a Conflict of Interest affecting the Bidding Process, if:
- The Applicant, its Member or Associate (or any constituent thereof) and any other Applicant, its Member or any Associate thereof (or any constituent thereof) have common controlling shareholders or other ownership interest; provided that this disqualification shall not apply in cases where the direct or indirect shareholding of an Applicant, its Member or an Associate thereof (or any shareholder thereof having a shareholding of more than 5 per cent of the paid up and subscribed share capital of such Applicant, Member or Associate, as the case may be) in the other Applicant, its Member or Associate is less than 5 per cent of the subscribed and paid up equity share capital thereof; provided further that this disqualification shall not apply to any ownership by a bank, insurance company, pension fund or a public financial institution referred to in section 4A of the Companies Act 1956/2013. For the purposes of this Clause 2.2.1(d), indirect shareholding held through one or more intermediate persons shall be computed as follows:(aa) where any intermediary is controlled by a person through management control or otherwise, the entire shareholding held by such controlled intermediary in any other person (the “Subject Person”) shall be taken into account for computing the shareholding of such controlling person in the Subject. Person; and (bb) subject always to sub-clause (aa) above, where a person does not exercise control over an intermediary, which has shareholding in the Subject Person, the computation of indirect shareholding of such person in the Subject Person shall be undertaken on a proportionate basis; provided, however, that no such shareholding shall be reckoned under this sub-clause (bb) if the shareholding of such person in the intermediary is less than 26% of the subscribed and paid up equity shareholding of such intermediary; or
- A constituent of such Applicant is also a constituent of another Applicant; or
- Such Applicant, or any Associate thereof receives or has received any direct or indirect subsidy, grant, concessional loan or subordinated debt from any other Applicant, or any Associate thereof or has provided any such subsidy, grant, concessional loan or subordinated debt to any other Applicant, its Member or any Associate thereof; or
- Such Applicant has the same legal representative for purposes of this Application as any other Applicant; or
- Such Applicant, or any Associate thereof has a relationship with another Applicant, or any Associate thereof, directly or through common third party/ parties, that puts either or both of them in a position to have access to each other’s information about, or to influence the Application of either or each other; or
- Such Applicant, or any Associate thereof has participated as a consultant to the UKMRC in the preparation of any documents, design or technical specifications of the Project.
- An Applicant shall be liable for disqualification if any legal, financial or technical adviser of the UKMRC in relation to the Project is engaged by the Applicant, its Member or any Associate thereof, as the case may be, in any manner for matters related to or incidental to the Project. For the avoidance of doubt, this disqualification shall not apply where such adviser was engaged by the Applicant, its Member or Associate in the past but its assignment expired or was terminated 6 (six) months prior to the date of issue of this EOI cum RFQ. Nor will this disqualification apply where such adviser is engaged after a period of 3 (three) years from the date of commercial operation of the Project.
Interested Applicants are required to download the EOI cum RFQ document from website https://uktender.gov.in.