The IRCON International Limited (IRCON) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s. Furrer + Frey AG for Detailed Design Engineering and Supply of Rigid Overhead Equipment (ROCS – Rigid Overhead Contact System) at design speed of 180 kmph for Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Receiving Sub Stations [including 25 kV AC Traction cum 33 kV Auxiliary Main Sub Stations], Extra High Voltage & High Voltage cabling, 25 kV Overhead Equipment (FOCS/ROCS), Auxiliary Power Supply [including Auxiliary Sub Station], SCADA Systems, Operational Control Centre and Associated works on Viaduct & Tunnel for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC (Lot 1 & Lot 2).
- Tender No.: IRCON/ELECT/5037-5038/NCRTC/ST/ROCS/5
- Completion Period: 1550 days
- Awarded Value of Contract: EURO 2,321,000.01/- (Euro Two Million Three Hundred Twenty One Thousand and One Cent Only) and USD .748,169.99/ (US Dollar Seven Hundred Forty Eight Thousand One Hundred Seventy and Ninety Nine Cents Only)
About Furrer + Frey AG:
Founded in 1923, Furrer+Frey is presently an international leading and innovative, mid-size supplier of overhead contact lines. Furrer+Frey has been creating overhead line solutions for decades. The Furrer+Frey rigid overhead conductor-rail system is renowned throughout the world for its superior standards of quality and reliability. Sound commercial sense, technical expertise and pioneering innovation have all contributed to ongoing enhancement of the system since it was invented.
Meanwhile, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath reviewed the progress of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor on 06th February 2021. Chief Secretary, Pr. Secretary/housing along with other senior officials of the Government of Uttar Pradesh were available during the review meeting. NCRTC team headed by the Managing Director, Shri Vinay Kumar Singh made a detailed presentation on the project.
- Hon’ble Chief Minister was apprised that India’s first regional rail which is being constructed in Uttar Pradesh will be the fastest mode of transport in the region and will reduce the journey time between key locations such as from Meerut to Delhi Airport or from Meerut to AIIMS to an hour only, from the current 3 to 4 hours.
- Specific details were given on various key aspects such as multimodal integration at RRTS stations, operations of Meerut Metro on RRTS infrastructure.
- It was also explained that RRTS infrastructure is being designed in a way that the system would not only be universally accessible but will also have the capacity to cater to medical emergencies including the movement of patients on stretchers.
- This will provide faster access to healthcare services and hospitals like AIIMS and Safdarjung.
- The Hon’ble Chief Minister appreciated the construction progress made so far.
- NCRTC informed that presently project is progressing as per schedule to meet the commissioning target of March 2023 for the priority section of the corridor.
- The key challenges pertaining to utility diversions, Government land, and approvals were discussed and resolved to further expedite the project.
- Hon’ble Chief Minister said that the RRTS will promote the use of public transport leading to efficient use of energy, ease in traffic jams and significantly check pollution.
- He directed the authorities to remove all constraints and expedite matters related to the RRTS project to ensure timely execution of India’s first RRTS that will fulfil the aspirations of the people of NCR and will lead to the socio-economic development of the region.
Source: IRCON-Tender update | Image Credit: NCRTC