Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE), Gandhi nagar has invited Expression of Interest from consultants for conducting Environment and Social Impact Assessment Study for Semi High Speed Rail system between Ahmedabad and Rajkot.
- G-RIDE is in the planning to undertake necessary studies for development of Semi High Speed Rail system between Ahmedabad and Rajkot in Gujarat.
- As a part of ongoing studies, G-RIDE is envisaging to reach out to various multilateral financing agencies (World Bank,Asian Development Bank, etc.) for financing the project.
- The objective of this Expression of Interest is to seek Interest from experienced consultants with proven experience in Environment and Social Impact Assessment Study for various projects funded by multilateral financing agencies (World Bank,Asian Development Bank, etc.).
- Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE) is a Joint Venture of Ministry of Railway (MOR) and Government of Gujarat in order to develop the rail infrastructure for capacity enhancement in the state of Gujarat.
- G-RIDE as a State JV has a mandate of development, financing, planning, implementation of viable railway projects that are important for critical connectivity/ capacity enhancement, development of other infrastructure facilities, by undertaking surveys, preparation of feasibility studies and detailed project report (DPR), preparation of Environment and Social Impact Assessment studies of such railway projects as identified by G-RIDE or by other State Govt. entities or private parties, to act as technical consultants and advisors in all related matters.
- Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation (G-RIDE) is appointed as the anchor institution for development of the Semi High Speed Rail system between Ahmedabad and Rajkot.
- The proposed Ahmedabad-Rajkot semi high speed rail system (225 kms) Project which shall connect two major urban centres of Gujarat through a Semi High Speed Rail line, designed to operate at speed of 220 KMPH.
- The purpose of the project line is to provide a safe, sustainable, and fast means of passenger transport between Ahmedabad and Rajkot/Saurashtra region.
- SHSR will reduce travel time between the two cities by ~50% and address issues of congestion and air pollution.
- The SHSR also aims to create a Semi-High Speed Rail Feeder for High Speed Rail (Ahmedabad-Mumbai) and reduce the travel-time from Rajkot to Mumbai to less than 5 hours; which currently takes more than 12 hours.
The Alignment studies of the project are underway; however it is estimated that majority of the alignment will be along the National highway (NH-47) connecting Ahmedabad to Rajkot. The take-off point in Ahmedabad is planned at Sabarmati.
Brief overview of Services required from ESIA consultant:
The consultant will be required to conduct Environment and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Study In-line with requirements of leading multilateral financing agencies.
The key tasks may include (but not limited to) following:
- Conduct comprehensive Environment and Social screening along the line/route corridor
- Identify and assess of Potential Environmentaland SocialImpacts of the proposed project
- Identify Mitigation Measures
- Conduct Public Consultations
- Preparation of a Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
- Preparation of Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP)