The Power Infrastructure and Renewable Energy (PIRE) business of Godrej Electricals & Electronics, a business unit of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd has secured orders worth over Rs. 2000 Crore from Power Transmission, Railways, and Solar Projects.
- The projects include EPC for EHV substations of 400kV & 765kV across India, a GIS Substation with 220kV underground cable in Mumbai and a 132kV Substation project in Nepal. In the solar segment, the company has secured an order for a ground-mounted solar plant of 20MW in West Bengal.
- The order supports the business’ aim to grow its solar EPC portfolio by 30% annually over the next three years and promote Energy conservation.
- The business marks its entry into railway electrification with a project of over Rs. 900 crores from Indian Railways for the construction of traction substations and associated works.
- The project aligns with India’s vision of modernising its railways and promoting sustainable transportation. The project is a part of ‘Mission Raftar’ for upgrading speed to 160Kmph/200Kmph on the existing New Delhi-Howrah Route and between Mathura-Palwal on the existing New Delhi-Mumbai Routes.
Shri Raghavendra Mirji, Senior Vice President & Business Head, Godrej Electricals & Electronics said, “These orders align well with our diversification strategy to strengthen the power transmission sector and enter the Railways and International Segments. With the substation orders in Power Transmission, we have now diversified our customer base to include non-utility clients, in addition to the current power utilities. With these orders, G&B has expanded its portfolio in EHV Cable, EHV Substation, Traction Substation & Solar projects across India as well as in Nepal. We are elated to be partnering with the Indian Railways in this significant transformation. Going forward, we hope to secure more such opportunities and serve new segments to contribute to the improvement of infrastructure and power transmission in India.”
About Godrej Electricals & Electronics:
- Godrej & Boyce has been one of the pioneers in manufacturing and delivering a range of equipment, solutions, and services aimed at driving efficient energy management across the industry value chain.
- Godrej Electricals & Electronics, a business of Godrej & Boyce, forayed into the Power Transmission business in 2010 and has successfully commissioned several EHV substation projects up to 400kV across all territories in India and further aims to consolidate its position in the 400kV & above segment.
- Over the years, Godrej Electricals & Electronics has established itself as one of the most trusted EPC companies in the Power Transmission segment in India.
About Godrej & Boyce:
- Godrej & Boyce (‘G&B’), a Godrej Group Company, was founded in 1897 and has contributed to India’s journey of self-reliance through manufacturing.
- G&B patented the world’s first springless lock and since then, has diversified into 14 businesses across various sectors from Security, Furniture, and Aerospace to Infrastructure and Defence.
- Godrej is one of India’s most trusted brands serving over 1.1bn customers worldwide daily.
Source: Godrej & Boyce- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Godrej & Boyce