The Uttarakhand Metro Rail, Urban Infrastructure and Building Construction Corporation Ltd. (UKMRC) has invited Open e-tender for the Development of Ropeway System at Haridwar from Har ki Pauri to Chandi Devi Mandir under Design Build Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
- NIT No.: RWSC-01/PPP/UKMRC/2020-21
- Name of the Work: Development of Ropeway System at Haridwar from Har ki
- Pauri to Chandi Devi Mandir under Design Build Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis.
- Total Cost of Project: INR 149.70 Crore
- Bid Security: INR 1.50 Crore
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 25-Mar-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 24-Feb-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27-Mar-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 15-Apr-2021
The scope of work will broadly include construction of two terminal stations (Lower terminal and upper terminal) and construction of ropeway system between these two stations including ancillary works and; operation & maintenance of the ropeway system.
- The Uttarakhand Metro Rail, Urban Infrastructure & Building Construction Corporation Ltd. (UKMRC) (the “Authority”) is an initiative by the Government of Uttarakhand to offer world class, state-of-art commuting facilities, building infrastructures & integrated townships to its residents to improve the quality of life of citizens of Uttarakhand.
- The Government of Uttarakhand is willing to undertake Development, Operation and Maintenance of a Ropeway Project (the “Project”), brief particulars of which are given below, through Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (“DBFOT”) basis, and has decided to invite proposals from eligible bidders by adopting a single-stage two-cover system for selection of the successful Bidder.
- The Selected Bidder, who is either a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 or undertakes to incorporate as such prior to execution of the concession agreement (the “Concessionaire”), shall be responsible for designing, engineering, financing, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance of the Project under and in accordance with the provisions of the long term concession agreement (the “Concession Agreement”) to be entered into between the Selected Bidder and the Authority in the form provided by the Authority as part of the Bidding Document pursuant hereto.
- The estimated cost of the Project (the “Estimated Project Cost”) has been specified in 1.1.1 above. The assessment of actual costs, however, will have to be made by the Bidders.
- The Concession Agreement sets forth the detailed terms and conditions for grant of the concession to the Concessionaire, including the scope of the Concessionaire’s services and obligations (the “Concession”).
The RFQ cum RFP can be downloaded from https://www.uktenders.gov.in.
- The ropeway is a type of Aerial Transportation Mode in which passengers are transported in cabins that are suspended and pulled by cables.
- Recently, ropeways have gained more attention worldwide, and now is being considered one of the most popular, energy-efficient transit modes for urban areas with topographical barriers and limited space.
- The basic components of any ropeway include carriers (cabins), a drive and a return terminal, towers (to support ropes between terminals and stations), and ropes (which may be haulage or track ropes).
- At present, ropeway technologies that have been used as mass transit modes in urban areas include five technologies:
- Aerial Tramways
- Dual-Haul Aerial Tramways
- Mono-cable Detachable Gondolas (MDG)
- Bi-cable Detachable Gondolas (BDG)
- Tri-cable Detachable Gondolas (TDG)
Different technologies are used as per suitability in different terrain and as per capacity requirements, terrain constraint, passenger comfort, financial viability, climatic conditions and other factors.
Source: UKMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): UKMRC