Share with your network
Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology co-chaired the 14th Joint Committee Meeting from Indian Side to discuss and decide on all important issues related to execution of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project on 30th June, 2022. Dr. MORI Masafumi, Special Adviser to the Prime Minister of Japan, co-chaired the meeting from the Japanese side.
- During the meeting, presentation and video film were shown regarding the progress of the project. Further, issues related to funding, contracts and execution were discussed for mutual resolution and targeted commissioning of the project.
- The Joint Committee meeting between the Government of India and Government of Japan is the highest consultative body for taking ahead projects of mutual interests and benefits. The Japanese Government is committed to fund the MAHSR projects with a soft loan and technical and financial cooperation.
- The meeting was fruitful and productive and finalized strategic issues for early completion of the project. Both sides agreed to work to the Hon’ble PM’s view of One Project- One team in the overall interest of the project.
About MAHSR Project:
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) Project is 508 Km long first High- Speed Rail (HSR) network planned to be constructed in India.
- Out of 508Km, 352 Km lies in the State of Gujarat (348 Km) and Dadra & Nagar Haveli (4Km) and the balance 156 Km lies in the State of Maharashtra.
- The Construction Work is in progress in both Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli where 98% and 100% land has been acquired respectively.
- In Gujarat, High Speed Rail alignment passes through eight districts i.e. Valsad, Navsari, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Ahmedabad and work is in progress in all the eight districts.
- In Maharashtra land acquisition done so far is 40%.
- The project will entail an investment of 72,000 Crs in the state of Gujarat in both Land & construction.
- So far an expenditure of 14,200 Crs has been done.
- The project will generate direct & indirect employment of 60,000 in Gujarat state.
Source: PIB -Press Release
Be the first to comment