Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Hon’ble Minister of Railways, conducted a thorough inspection of the Amrit Bharat trains rake at New Delhi Station. After the Vande Bharat, the train is ready based on the push –pull technology. These trains set for imminent flag-off by the Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi, promise enhanced efficiency and passenger comfort.
Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw inspected the Amrit Bharat train rake at New Delhi railway station. He appreciated the technology used in the newly built Amrit Bharat trains for ensuring maximum comfort to the travelling public.
The Amrit Bharat train is a push pull train designed with the common man in mind. The new train has a locomotive at each end for a “push-pull” operation which allows for faster acceleration, hence resulting in time travel being reduced. The new train from Indian Railways has several new features keeping in mind the comfort of the common man.
Amrit Bharat train is ready based on the push –pull technology. Speaking on the occasion Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw said that it has two locomotives (one at front and one at rear). Railways have tried to make the travel experience better for the passengers who used non AC coaches. Amrit Bharat trains will be flagged off by Hon’ble PM Modi very soon.
Brief about Trains Facilities:
The non A.C. train will have twenty two coaches with 12 Second Class 3- Tier Sleeper Class, 08 General Second Class coaches and two Guard Compartments. In the Guard compartment, there is a space for ladies in one and Differently Abled passengers in another coach.
Some of the important features of the train includes:
- Aerodynamically designed WAPS Locomotives on both ends with push pull configuration (Concentrated Power Train Set).
- Jerk free semi-permanent couplers. Passengers can enjoy a jerk free journey now.
- Maximum permissible speed of 130kmph (speed potential)
- Control couplers on end walls for push pull operation with locos at both ends of the train.
- Improved design light with foldable snack table.
- Fully sealed gangways.
- Mobile charger with suitable holder and foldable bottle holder.
- Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically designed seats and berth with improved colour blending.
- Improved cushioned luggage rack.
- Zero discharge (FRP) modular toilets.
- Aerosol based fire suppression system in toilets and electrical cubicles.
- Radium illumination flooring strip.
- Faster acceleration for reduced travel time.
Source: Northern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Northern Railway