Shri Shantanu Thakur, Hon’ble Minister of State for Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways of India visited Kanchrapara Workshop. Shri Sumit Sarkar, Additional General Manager/ER ADRM (Infra)/Sealdah, Chief Workshop Manager, Kanchrapara and other divisional Officers accompanied during his visit.
- At the outset, Shri Shantanu Thakur flagged off a Periodical Overhauling (POH) Loco from Kanchrapara Workshop. During his visit, Shri Shantanu Thakur explored the rich art gallery and workshop museum at Kanchrapara Workshop.
- The upgradation work of the new Loco involved various crucial innovative aspects such as the commissioning of MPCS version 3, shunting mode operation, development of Traction Motor Dropping Detection System (TMDDS) etc.
- Hon’ble MOS expressed deep satisfaction with the impressive collection of artwork on display.
- He also held a meeting with the Officers of Kanchrapara Workshop, wherein Shri Sarkar, Additional General Manager/ER provided valuable suggestions aimed at enhancing the efficiency of Workshop activities.
- This visit not only underscores the commitment of Eastern Railway but also highlights efforts to enhance efficiency and innovation at Kanchrapara Workshop.
Kanchrapara Railway Workshop was established in 1863. Initial activities included the periodic overhauling of steam locomotives, wooden body Carriage and Wagons. The workshop also carried out overhauling and repair of aircraft during world war as well as manufacture of armoured cars and hand-grenade shells.
This visit not only signifies the commitment of the Eastern Railways but also underscores efforts to boost efficiency and innovation at the Kanchrapara Workshop. Shri Shantanu Thakur’s hands-on involvement in the Periodic Overhauling process emphasises the government’s dedication to advancing railway infrastructure and technology.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Eastern Railway