Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State for Railways, Coal and Mines, Govt. of India dedicates to the nation various projects, also laid foundation stone for new Road Under Bridge (RUB) at Kamarkundu station through video conferencing on 10th June, 2022. All the projects pertaining to Hooghly district of West Bengal comes to the tune of Rs. 254 crore.
- Newly completed 3rd Line between Bandel & Magra Stations, Yard remodelling and Commissioning of India’s Largest Electronic Interlocking Cabin at Bandel covering 1002 routes.
- Yard remodelling & commissioning of Electronic Interlocking at Adisaptagram, Modification of Electronic Interlocking at Magra, New Station Building including Electronic Interlocking at Chandannagar Station.
- New Road Over Bridge at Kamarkundu Station, New Station Building at Kamarkundu, New Platform Shelter at Kamarkundu, Extended Foot Over Bridge at Balarambati, Mirzapur Bankipur & Adisaptagram Stations, Raised/Extended/Widened Platforms at Adisaptagram.
- Kamarkundu, Balarambati, and Mirzapur Bankipur Stations, Up loop line platform at Magra Station, Extended Subway at Adisaptagram Station.
- Hon’ble MOS(R) also laid foundation stone for new Road Under Bridge (RUB) at Kamarkundu station through video conferencing on 10.6.2022. All the projects pertaining to Hooghly district of West Bengal comes to the tune of ₹254 core.
- Smt. Locket Chatterjee, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Shri Biman Ghosh, Hon’ble MLA, Pursurah, Shri Madhusudhan Bag, Hon’ble MLA, Arambag, Shri Biswanath Karak, Hon’ble MLA, Goghat and Shri Susanta Ghosh, Hon’ble MLA, Khanakul were also graced the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Danve said that by commissioning of Bandel – Magra 3rd line, a stretch of 6.99 km, which is a super-critical project between Bandel & Magra will make provision of seamless movement of traffic from Bandel to Bainchi and increase the mobility on Howrah – Barddhaman Main Line. With the commissioning of the 3rd line between Bandel & Magra, world’s largest state-of-the-art Electronic Interlocking System (EI) has also been commissioned at Bandel station, which has provision of 1002 routes. He also said that in an endeavour to provide more comfort to the passengers at station premises, Eastern Railway has augmented various passenger amenities at different stations in Hooghly district. Smt. Locket Chatterjee, Hon’ble Member of Parliament also spoke on the occasion.
- With the opening of 995 metre long Kamarkundu Road Over Bridge (ROB) on the state highway near Kamarkundu Railway station, connectivity between Baidyabati – Tarakeswar – Champadanga in Hooghly district will be enhanced increasing average speed of trains, convenience of traffic carrying passengers and goods which in turn will accelerate socio-economic development of Hooghly district of West Bengal.
- Shri Manish Jain, Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, Howrah gave the welcome address while Shri Ajay Kumar, Chief Engineer/Con delivered vote of thanks.
Source: Eastern Railway -Press Release