Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the inaugural run of the Steam Heritage Special Train between Ekta Nagar and Ahmedabad Stations through video link from Ekta Nagar (Kevadiya) on the occasion of National Unity Day.
Ekta Nagar Railway Station provides rail connectivity to the world’s tallest statue – The Statue of Unity. This station caters to a large number of tourists from across the country coming to witness this magnanimous structure.
- To make the journey of the passengers more memorable and to add a touch of yesteryear nostalgia, the Heritage Special Train will be an added attraction for the tourists visiting Statue of Unity.
- With its unique heritage look, the travellers will be transported to the bygone era of Steam engine locomotives. This train is equipped with enhanced interiors & luxurious amenities to provide a memorable travel experience to the travellers.
The regular run of Train No 09409/09410 Ahmedabad – Ekta Nagar Steam Heritage Special train will commence from 5th November, 2023. Train No. 09409 Ahmedabad – Ekta Nagar Steam Heritage Special train will depart from Ahmedabad at 06.10 hrs every Sunday and will reach Ekta Nagar at 09.50 hrs, the same day.
Similarly, Train No. 09410 Ekta Nagar – Ahmedabad Steam Heritage Special train will depart from Ekta Nagar at 20.35 hrs every Sunday and will reach Ahmedabad at 00.05 hrs, the next day. The train comprises four AC Vistadome type coaches consisting of three Air-Conditioned Executive Chair Car coaches & a Restaurant Dining Car.
The booking of Train Nos. 09409 & 09410 is open with immediate effect at all PRS counters and on the IRCTC website. The Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of the above train will be 30 days.
The Steam Heritage Special Train is a move towards promoting tourist-friendly trains and to showcase the rich heritage of Indian Railways. This Special Train comprises two locos of MEMU Driving Motor Car modified to resemble steam locos which are attached to both ends of the train. The Steam locos replicate the look and feel arrangement of first indigenously built Steam Loco No. F734.
The train comprises four AC Vistadome type coaches consisting of three Air-Conditioned Executive Chair Car coaches & a Restaurant Car for fine dining experience. These four coaches were converted duly incorporating modern features along with aesthetically designed interiors and fittings to have a pleasant and comfortable travel experience.
Salient Features of the Steam Heritage Special Train:
- The Motor Coach of the train designed as Steam Locomotive
- Panoramic Windows with Roller blinds
- AC Restaurant Dining Car seating capacity for 28 passengers
- Teak Wood Dining Tables and 2-seater sofa with cushioned seats
- Interior Panels with decorative natural teak veneered plywood
- Warm & Natural white lighting
- FRP Modular Toilets with branded fittings
- GPS based Public address and Passenger Information System (PAPIS)
- Luggage Rack arrangements similar to TEJAS Express coaches
- Electrically operated automatic compartment sliding doors
- Exterior walls PU painted and covered with theme based vinyl wrapping
- Flameless Pantry arrangement with all stainless steel and electrically operated equipment
Source: Western Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: Western Railway