The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi dedicated and laid the foundation stone of key development projects in Hubballi-Dharwad, Karnataka. The projects include the longest railway platform in the world, the electrification of Hosapete – Hubballi – Tinaighat section and the upgradation of Hosapete station.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi dedicated and laid the foundation stone of key development projects in Hubballi-Dharwad, Karnataka The projects includes the longest railway platform in the world at 1507m in length at Shri Siddharoodha Swamiji Hubballi Station which has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records recently, the electrification of Hosapete – Hubballi – Tinaighat section and the upgradation of Hosapete station, for boosting connectivity in the region.
- Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister recalled getting the opportunity to visit Hubbali earlier this year and highlighted the blessings showered upon him by the people who came out to welcome him.
- Recalling his visits to Karnataka in the past few years from Bengaluru to Belgavi, Kalburagi to Shivamoga, and Mysuru to Tumkuru, the Prime Minister said that he is indebted to the overwhelming love and affection shown by the Kannadigas and also underlined that the government will work towards fulfilling the needs of the people by making their lives easier, creating many employment opportunities for the youth, empowering the women of the region as a way of repayment. The double-engine government of Karnataka strives for the complete development of every district, village and hamlet of the state with utmost honesty.
- The Prime Minister expressed delight that Karnataka has reached another milestone in terms of connectivity as the Siddharoodha Swamiji Station now has the largest platform in the world. He underlined that it is not just any record or extension of a platform but it is forwarding the thinking which gives priority to infrastructure development.
- PM also noted that the electrification of Hosapete – Hubbali – Tinaighat section and the upgradation of Hosapete station reinforce this vision. The Prime Minister informed that coal is transported for industries on a large scale through this route and after the electrification of this line, the dependence on diesel will reduce thereby protecting the environment in the process.
- The Prime Minister underlined that these efforts will speed up the economic development of the region and promote tourism at the same time.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation the longest railway platform in the world at Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji Hubballi Station.
- The record has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records recently. The 1507 m long platform has been built at a cost of about Rs. 20 crores.
- The Prime Minister dedicated the electrification of the Hosapete – Hubballi – Tinaighat section and the upgradation of the Hosapete station to boosting connectivity in the region.
- Developed at a cost of over Rs 530 crores, the electrification project establishes seamless train operation on electric traction.
- The redeveloped Hosapete station will provide convenient and modern facilities to travellers. It has been designed to resemble the Hampi monuments.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Images Credit (representational): MoR