Share with your network
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will visit Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra on 10th February, 2023. At around 2:45 PM, he will flag off two Vande Bharat train at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, in Mumbai.
- Mumbai-Solapur Vande Bharat Train and Mumbai-Sainagar Shirdi Vande Bharat Train, are the two trains that will be flagged off by the Prime Minister at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Mumbai.
- This will be an important step towards fulfilling the Prime Minister’s vision of building better, efficient and passenger friendly transport infrastructure for New India.
- Mumbai-Solapur Vande Bharat Train will be the 9th Vande Bharat Train in the country. The new world class train will improve connectivity between Mumbai and Solapur and will also facilitate travel to important pilgrimage centres like Siddheshwar in Solapur, Akkalkot, Tuljapur, Pandharpur near Solapur and Alandi near Pune.
- Mumbai-Sainagar Shirdi Vande Bharat Train will be the 10th Vande Bharat Train in the country. It will also improve connectivity of important pilgrimage centres in Maharashtra like Nashik, Trimbakeshwar, Sainagar Shirdi, Shani Singanapur.
- To ease road traffic congestion in Mumbai and streamline movement of vehicles, the Prime Minister will dedicate the Santacruz Chembur Link Road (SCLR) and Kurar underpass.
- The newly constructed elevated corridor from Kurla to Vakola and from MTNL Junction, BKC to LBS Flyover at Kurla will enhance much needed East West connectivity in the city.
About Vande Bharat Express:
- Indian Railways launched India’s first indigenous Semi High Speed train, Vande Bharat Express. The first Vande Bharat Express train was flagged off on February 15, 2019, on the New Delhi Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi route.
- On November 11, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the fifth Vande Bharat Express train from Mysuru to Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. MGR Chennai Central. This is also the first such train in South India.
- The Vande Bharat Express can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph and has travel classes like Shatabdi Train but with better facilities. It aims to provide a totally new travel experience to passengers.
- Speed, Safety and Service are the hallmarks of this train. Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, a Railways Production unit, has been the force behind a completely in-house design and manufacture, computer modelling and working with a large number of suppliers for system integration in just 18 months.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Image Credit: South Central Railway
Be the first to comment