The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu flagged off three new trains namely Badampahar – Tatanagar MEMU; Badampahar – Rourkela Weekly Express; and Badampahar – Shalimar Weekly Express from Badampahar Railway Station, Odisha on November 21, 2023.
She also virtually inaugurated the new Rairangpur Postal Division; released a Commemorative Special Cover of Rairangpur Postal Division; and laid the foundation stone for redevelopment of Badampahar Railway station on the occasion.
Addressing the gathering, the President said that the development of any area depends on the connectivity of that area. Be it rail, roads or postal services – all these services make people’s lives easier.
She said that three trains launched today will help locals in travelling to neighbouring states like Jharkhand and West Bengal. She added that people will also not face any inconvenience in visiting Odisha’s industrial town Rourkela.
Brief about Trains:
08147/08148 Tatanagar-Badampahar–Tatanagar MEMU:
- 08147 Tatanagar-Badampahar MEMU will leave Tatanagar at 09.55 hrs and will reach Badampahar at 12.15 hrs. In the return direction, 08148 Badampahar –Tatanagar MEMU will leave Badampahar at 12.45 hrs and will reach Tatanagar at 15.20 hrs.
- The train will run 06 days a week, except Sundays and will have stoppages at Haludpukur, Sidhirsai, Bahalda Road, Aunlajori, Rairangpur, Kuldiha and Chhanua stations enroute.
- This will be an additional MEMU Train Service connecting the mineral rich areas of Badampahar in Odisha with Tatanagar, the important industrial city of Jharkhand. This new MEMU Service will be of great benefit for local businessmen, small traders, daily workers, students etc.
18051/18052 Badampahar-Rourkela – Badampahar Express:
- 18051 Badampahar – Rourkela Weekly Express will leave Badampahar every Sunday at 06.30 hrs and will reach Rourkela at 11.45 hrs, the same day. In the return direction 18052 Rourkela – Badampahar Weekly Express will leave Rourkela every Sunday at 14.20 hrs and will reach Badampahar at 19.25 hrs, the same day.
- The train will have stoppages at Rairangpur, Aunlajori, Bahalda Road, Tatanagar, Sini, Rajkharswan, Chakradharpur, Goilkera and Manoharpur stations enroute.
- This Express Train will connect mineral rich areas of Badampahar with Rourkela, the Steel City of India. This connectivity will definitely have a positive impact on business and industry for faster development and growth. Moreover, students from Badampahar and adjacent areas will have easy access to the educational institutes of Rourkela.
18050/18049 Badampahar – Shalimar – Badampahar Express:
- 18049 Shalimar -Badampahar Weekly Express will leave Shalimar every Saturday at 23.05 hrs and will reach Badampahar at 05.40 hrs, the next day. In the return direction, 18050 Badampahar- Shalimar Weekly Express will leave Badampahar every Sunday at 22.00 hrs and will reach Shalimar at 05.30 hrs, the next day.
- The train will have stoppages at Santragachi, Kharagpur, Jhargram, Ghatsila, Tatanagar, Bahalda Road, Aunlajori and Rairangpur stations enroute.
- This New Train will provide the first ever Express Train connectivity between Shalimar/Kolkata (West Bengal) and Badampahar (Odisha) and will be the first overnight Express Train Service from Badampahar/Rairangpur area.
Foundation Stone for Redevelopment of Badampahar Railway Station:
- Under the Amrit Station Scheme launched by the Govt of India, more than 1300 railway stations across the country are being redeveloped with state-of-the-art facilities.
- Badampahar station in Chakradharpur Division has been earmarked for redevelopment under Amrit Station Scheme at an estimated cost of Rs. 12.22 crores.
- The redevelopment of Badampahar Railway Station will enhance Rail-transport infrastructure and boost tourism for the State of Odisha.
Source: PIB- Press Release | Images Credit: MoR