L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited (L&TMRHL) on Wednesday announced that the Skywalk at Irrum Manzil Metro Station connecting L&T Next Galleria – Irrum Manzil is now open.
Mr. KVB Reddy, MD & CEO, L&TMRHL inaugurated the Skywalk for passengers who can, from November 11th, 2020 onwards use the same to visit the Mall.
- L&TMRHL has always taken the extra mile to provide ease and comfort to all its passengers.
- With the opening of the skywalk for public access, where in our passengers can directly enter the mall from the Irrummanzil Metro Station.
- This is a good way to avoid traffic and pollution and also to hop and shop.
- This facility is in addition to the Skywalks at Punjagutta Metro Station connecting L&T Next Galleria – Punjagutta, and Hitec City Metro Station connecting L&T Next Galleria – Hitec City Malls.
On this occasion Mr. KVB Reddy said, “Efficient, reliable and comfortable public transportation system with emphasis on a Transit Oriented Development (TOD), contributed significantly in improving the liveability index of Hyderabad. Skywalk at Irrum Manzil Metro Station is an example of this. TOD in Hyderabad Metro Rail Project has set an inspiring trend in creating vibrant urban spaces integrated with a world class transit system that enhances quality of life of our esteemed passengers.”
Meanwhile, LTMRHL on October 31, 2020 announced that Nagole Metro Station has achieved CII’s ‘IGBC Performance Challenge 2020 for Green Built environment- Excellence Award’ under ‘Transit Buildings – Metro’ category.
- The evaluation criteria for this year’s selections were ‘Energy and Water Performance, given the typology and location of the building’, ‘Performance during the preceding two years’ and ‘Performance of the building with respect to the National and International benchmarks’.
- Total 91 projects were shortlisted for the Performance Challenge Awards under different categories, among which only 20 projects were finally selected by the Jury panels.
About L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited:
L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro. – L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad) Limited (“The Company”) to implement the Project on Design, Built, Finance Operate and Transfer (DBFOT) basis. The Company signed the Concession Agreement with the then Government of Andhra Pradesh on September 4, 2010 and completed the financial closure for the Project on March 1, 2011 in a record period of six months.
A consortium of 10 banks led by State Bank of India has sanctioned the entire debt requirement of the project. This is the largest fund tie-up in India for a non-power infrastructure Public Private Partnership (PPP) project.
Source: L&TMRHL-Press Release