Indian Railways is continuing its Oxygen Express journey and saving many more lives. Railways is in full preparedness to run even more Oxygen Express based on the requests from State Governments.
- Madhya Pradesh will receive its second Oxygen Express carrying 47.37 MT LMO from Bokaro to Sagar and Jabalpur in four tankers.
- Train started from Bokaro on 29 April 2021 and is currently moving uninterrupted towards its destination.
- Train is expected to reach its destination by 30 April 2021 evening.
- Haryana will receive its first and second Oxygen Express soon.
- Two trains, one from Rourkela to Haryana carrying 47.11 metric tonnes LMO in 3 tankers and another one from Angul to Haryana carrying 32 Metric tonnes in 2 tankers are on their way to their destination.
- These trains will deliver much needed oxygen supply to the residents of Haryana in a safe and timely manner.
- Uttar Pradesh is continuously replenishing its Oxygen supply with Oxygen Express.
- UP will receive its 7th Oxygen Express, which is expected to start shortly from Bokaro carrying three tankers of Liquid Medical Oxygen (LMO).
- In order to further boost up the oxygen supply, UP Govt. has also requested to transport 10 ft ISO containers loaded with Liquid Oxygen from Jamshedpur to Lucknow.
- Additional planning is required to transport ISO containers and Railways Officials are currently working on the best possible options to move ISO containers safely and securely.
- It is expected that ISO containers carrying liquid medical oxygen will start loading on 01 May 2021 at Jamshedpur.
- So far, Indian Railways has delivered more than 664 metric tonnes of liquid medical oxygen (LMO) to Maharashtra (174 MT), Uttar Pradesh (356.47 MT), Madhya Pradesh (64 MT) & Delhi (70 MT).
- Haryana and Telangana will start receiving their Oxygen Express shortly.
Covid Care Coaches:
Meanwhile, Strengthening the capabilities of the nation in the united fight against Covid, the Ministry of Railways has, amongst its multi-pronged initiatives, deployed nearly 4000 Isolation Coaches with almost 64000 beds.
- To work concurrently with the States and in a bid to reach out as swiftly as possible, the Railway has drawn a de-centralised plan of action empowering Zones and Divisions to work out their Memorandum of Agreement for cohesive action.
- These Isolation Coaches can be easily moved and positioned at places of demand on the Indian Railways network.
- Accordingly, as per States’ demand, at present 191 coaches have been handed over to various states for Covid care with a bed-capacity of 2990 beds.
- Isolation Coaches are presently utilised at Delhi, Maharashtra (Ajni ICD, Nandrubar), Madhya Pradesh (Tihi near Indore).
- The Railways has also positioned 50 coaches at major cities of Uttar Pradesh like Faizabad, Bhadohi, Varanasi, Bareli & Nazibabad.
- The updated position of the utility of these coaches positioned in the States of Delhi, UP, MP and Maharashtra are as follows:
- At Nandrubar (Maharashtra), 58 patients are currently utilising the facility. Cumulatively, up to now, 85 admissions were registered with subsequent discharge of patients by State Health Authorities.
- 330 beds are still available.
- In Delhi, the Railway has catered to the full demand of State Governments’ demand for 75 Covid Care Coaches with a capacity of 1200 beds.
- 50 coaches are positioned at Shakurbasti and 25 Coaches at Anand Vihar stations.
- 5 admissions were registered as on date. 1196 beds are still available.
- With regard to the demand by the State Govt of Madhya Pradesh for 2 coaches, the Ratlam Division of Western Railway has deployed 22 Coaches with a capacity of 320 beds at Tihi station near Indore.
- At Bhopal, where 20 coaches are deployed, there were 13 admissions with one discharge as per latest data.
- 280 beds are available at this facility.
- The utilisation of these facilities in the above-mentioned states, as per latest records, cumulatively registers 103 admissions with 39 subsequent discharges.
- Presently 64 Covid patients are utilising the isolation coaches.
- In UP, though coaches have not yet been requisitioned by State Govt, 10 coaches each are placed at Faizabad, Bhadohi, Varanasi, Bareli & Nazibabad totalling to a capacity of 800 beds (50 coaches).
Source: PIB-Press Release