Share with your network
Railways’ second double-decker Uday Express will run between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada in the East Coast Railway zone, officials said. The first Uday or Utkrisht double-decker Yatri Express was a specially-designed air-conditioned chair car which started service between Coimbatore and Bangalore in June 2018.
- The trains are primarily allocated to routes with heavy passenger traffic.
- The trains are equipped with:
- WiFi facility
- Striking interiors
- Cushioned seating
- Display screens
- Another Uday Express is proposed between Bangalore City and Chennai Central.
- The train consists of 9 double-decker coaches and two power cars.
- The second Uday Express will have a carrying capacity of 50 passengers on upper deck, 48 on lower deck and 22 on the ends.
- 3 coaches will have dining facilities with a seating capacity of 104 passengers each.
- 5 coaches will be without dining area with a seating capacity of 120 passengers, officials said.
Timing and stoppages
- The departure time of 22701 Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada Uday Express from Visakhapatnam is 05:45 am
- It will reach Vijayawada at 11:15 am.
- On its return journey, train number 22702 will leave Vijayawada at 17:30 pm and reach Visakhapatnam at 22:55 pm.
- It will have stoppages at Duvvada, Anakapalle, Tuni, Samarlakota, Rajamahendravaram, and Eluru between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada.
- The date of the introduction of the train has not been decided yet.
Be the first to comment