The Interim Budget 2024 was presented by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 01.02.2024.
Mr. Olivier Loison, Managing Director – Alstom India said, the Union Budget promises to drive development and innovation, taking India’s infrastructure to the next level and by bringing together its transportation ecosystem for rail, road, aerospace and more to benefit individuals and businesses alike. The continued focus on infrastructure with an increased outlay of INR 11.11 lakh crores in FY25 will play a key role in boosting India’s economic growth.
As the frontrunners in sustainable mobility and drivers of India’s rail revolution, the announcement of metro and NaMo Bharat expansion, three major railway corridor programs and transformation in existing rail ecosystem will create opportunities for us to introduce world class rolling stock, rail equipment & infrastructure, signalling and services in India. It will not only strengthen the overall efficiency of the transportation network but also improve the reliability and safety of passenger trains.
Alstom is committed to support India’s transition to more innovative, sustainable, and accessible mobility systems. We look forward to the opportunities that will emerge from this progressive interim budget.
About Alstom in India:
- Alstom is the only multinational sustainable mobility provider in India, to have a comprehensive portfolio of offerings to meet customer specific needs, from cost-efficient mass-market platforms to high-end technological innovations.
- Synonymous with the country’s ‘Rail Revolution’, Alstom continues to be a strategic partner in supporting India’s freight revolution and passenger movement.
- With 6 industrial sites and 4 major engineering centres, the company not only caters to domestic project needs, but also delivers for many international projects.
- Supporting the government’s modernisation initiatives, Alstom has been at the forefront of introducing several breakthrough technologies in India with world class rolling stock, rail equipment & infrastructure, signalling and services.
- Fully aligned with the country’s vision of Make-in-India and Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Alstom remains deeply committed to strengthening its local sourcing and supply chain ecosystem.
Source: Alstom | Image Credit (representational): Alstom