IRCON International Limited, a leading infrastructure development company, has commenced the tender process for the Integrated Tunnel Communication, encompassing Railway General Telecommunication arrangements, within the Sivok – Rangpo New BG Rail Line project of Northeast Frontier Railway.
Brief about Tender Submission:
Name of the Work: Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Integrated Tunnel Communication including Railway General Telecommunication arrangement in Sivok – Rangpo New BG Rail Line project of Northeast Frontier Railway.
|Tender Reference Number
|Estimated Cost (in Rs.)
|EMD (in Rs.)
|Document Download/Sale Start Date
|24th Jan, 2024
|Bid Submission Start Date
|10th Feb, 2024
|Bid Submission End Date
|15th Feb, 2024
|Pre Bid Meeting Date
|05th Feb, 2024
|Bid Opening Date
|16th Feb, 2024
- Sivok-Rangpo section is a new BG line section which takes off from New Jalpaiguri–Alipurduar– Samuktala Road line, at Sivok railway station, Sevoke Town near Siliguri in Darjeeling district and runs through Riyang and Melli towns of West Bengal and terminates in Rangpo Railway Station in Rangpo, Pakyong District of Sikkim.
- Total section length is 46.208 Km, which comprises fourteen tunnels (T1 to T 14) of total tunnel length equaling 38.604 Km. There are a total 8 Adits in the tunnel measuring 6.134 Km in length.
Scope of Works:
General Telecommunication including IP-MPLS and Control Communication:
Supply of all outdoor telecommunication equipment as per the schedule of general telecommunication arrangement. The equipment’s to be supplied as per the item wise technical specifications mentioned in the schedule with latest amendment of the RDSO/TEC specification.
The supply of materials to be arranged after due inspection as mentioned in the inspection schedule against individual items. Procurement of individual items should conform to specs given in the BOQ with latest amendment & directive issued by Railway Board & RDSO, as applicable on the date of supply/installation of the equipment.
Supply of all indoor telecommunication equipment as per the schedule of general telecommunication arrangement. The equipment’s to be supplied as per the item wise technical specifications mentioned in the schedule with latest amendment of the RDSO/TEC specification. The supply of materials to be arranged after due inspection by RDSO/RITES as the case may be as mentioned in the inspection schedule against individual items.
The item not mentioned with any inspection agency should be brought and offered for inspection by the consignee who is the inspecting authority for such items. Procurement of individual items should conform to specs given in the BOQ with the latest amendment & directive issued by Railway Board & RDSO, as applicable on the date of supply/installation of the equipment.
- For General telecommunication arrangement the detailed survey of the entire cable route diagram which include various tunnels, bridges, open space including station area is to be undertaken before physical execution of the various cable laying, installation work is taken up.
- The physical trenching, laying of cables through cable ducts, HDPE pipe, trunking etc. as per the schedule will be done after submission of survey and mapping of cable route plan to IRCON/Railway and its due approval. Trenching, laying of cables and installation of various equipment as per the schedule will be done as per the approved cable route plan and layout plan.
- After satisfactory laying of various telecom cables as per the schedule and their satisfactory jointing, splicing etc. a joint test of various cable parameters as specified in the telecom manual of the railway to be undertaken for satisfactory parameters as specified in the telecom manual.
- Installation wiring of various indoor and outdoor telecom equipment as per the schedule to be undertaken as per practice or as directed by the site engineer of IRCON/Railway.
- Charging installation of battery etc. for suitable power supply arrangement as per the schedule to be done satisfactorily for satisfactory testing and commissioning of all the equipment in each station conforming to the approved system design including end to end testing and realisation of Optical Fibre system of technical specification.
Integrated Tunnel Communication system:
The work includes supply of various switches, modules, cables, Racks, housing, emergency call service telephones including desktop call station, full Ip based handset and microphone functional keys, emergency audio call station PA system hardware controller, IP based Horn etc. as per the schedule. The specification mentioned against each item needs to be followed for procurement of all the materials listed in the schedule.
The materials supply is to be made after satisfactory inspection by the specified inspection authority as may be mentioned against each item in the schedule. OEMs certification for satisfactory fulfilment of RDSO specification needs to be enclosed with the materials procured and supplied for the work as per the schedule of CA.
Materials not mentioned with specific inspection authority to be procured and supplied only after inspection by the authorised engineer of IRCON/Railway. For which such materials to be offered for inspection to IRCON nominated engineers along with the original invoice issued by the OEM.
Execution and installation of all the supplied equipment as per the works schedule and as per the installation diagram to be prepared by the contractor following the latest RDSO specification issued for the purpose. Any deviation from RDSO specification for installation of emergency call stations, switches etc. should not happen without prior approval of IRCON/Railway.
- Termination, Derivation of various fibres including installation of FDMS/LIU, wiring dressing of low loss jumper cables and pigtail cables etc. to be done as per the network diagram.
- After complete installation all the equipment are to be tested for their satisfactory working as per the RDSO specified requirement for the purpose.
The tenderer must have successfully completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
Similar Nature of Work means: “Any work of Telecom related to Networking/IPMPLS or Radio system or OFC or Quad/RF cables.”
IRCON’s endeavour to solicit bids for the tunnel communication work in the Sivok-Rangpo New BG Rail Line project marks a pivotal step towards modernising railway infrastructure and promoting regional connectivity. The meticulous planning and execution envisaged in this endeavour are poised to yield long-term benefits for the transportation sector and the broader economy
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: IRCON- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR