IRCON International Limited (IRCON in abbreviation), has invited online bids in two packet system for & on Behalf of North East Frontier Railway (NFR) on prescribed forms from bonafide firms/companies (including Nepali Agencies registered in Nepal) having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work detailed given below.
- Tender Reference Number: IRCON/2051/JBNRL/Const Earthwork
- Name of work: “Construction of civil work including Embankment, Blanketing, Bridge, Staff Quarters, Station Building, Services buildings, Platform, Roads & other structures at Biratnagar Station (Nepal) in connection with “Construction of New Broad Gauge Railway Line from Jogbani (India) to Biratnagar (Nepal)”.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 29.64 Crore
- Completion Period: 11 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 06-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 16-Apr-2021
About the project:
- IRCON is a specialized construction organization covering the entire spectrum of construction activities and service in the infrastructure sector, especially Railways. The primary objective of IRCON is timely and efficient execution of projects assigned to it and at the same time ensuring the quality thereof.
- As a commercial organization IRCON is expected to adopt ethics of highest standards and a very high degree of integrity, commitment and sincerity towards the work undertaken.
- Accordingly, it is not in the interest of IRCON to deal with such Agencies who commit deception, fraud or other misconduct in the execution of contracts awarded/orders issued to them.
- Appropriate action needs to be taken against them in accordance with the procedure prescribed herein.
- This procedure shall be applicable for effecting suspension/banning of business dealings with Agencies working for IRCON. It is incumbent upon IRCON to ensure compliance with the laws and principles of natural justice for banning the business dealings with any Agency.
- After issue of the Ban order for dealings in IRCON the Management may consider whether or not to refer the matter to the Indian Railways to consider imposition of similar ban by Indian Railways.
- Since banning of business dealings involves severe consequences for the Agency concerned, it is essential that an adequate opportunity is provided to the Agency to present its case and any explanation, if tendered, is properly considered. If necessary, a personal hearing may be given to the Agency, before passing an order of banning based on the facts and circumstances of the case on record.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work includes the following works at Biratnagar , Nepal from Km. 16.820 to Km. 18.600.
- Embankment and Cutting,Construction of Blanketing, Bridge,side Drains.
- Construction of Staff Quarters, Station Building, Services buildings, Platform, Roads & other works required in connection with completion of above.
For connectivity with Nepal two projects have been sanctioned:
- Jogbani-Biratnagar link
- Jayanagar-Bijalpura Gauge Conversion with extension to Bardibas
- IRCON is currently executing these two prestigious projects for construction of New Broad Gauge Railway Line between Jogbani (India) and Biratnagar (Nepal), and between Jayanagar (India) and Bardibas (Nepal).
Jogbani (India) to Biratnagar (Nepal) New Line Project:
- Length -18.6 km (5.45 km in India and 13.15 km in Nepal)
Jayanagar (India) to Bardibas (Nepal) New line Project:
- Length – 68.79 km (2.99 km in India and 65 .72 km in Nepal)
- Gauge conversion from NG rail to BG (51.735 Km) and Construction of a new BG line (16.9 Km)
About IRCON International Limited (IRCON):
IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna – I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited. IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed / downloaded from the e-Procurement portal i.e. https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app free of cost.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR